Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here!
Just a general question about highway riding to those who have ridden both the Type S and the regular 400. How effective is the Type S Windscreen at highway speeds? I DO NOT like looking THRU a windscreen. I like to look just above it. Yet still be able to not have the wind on my chest or buffeting of the helmet.
I have ridden a type S but the wind here in WhyOhMing that day was outrageous and I didnt get a feel for the bike at all. It wouldnt have mattered if I was in a cager. It was that bad (50 mph+ sustained). Any help would be super appreciated.
And yes I did "TRY" the search feature

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Try a regular 400 windshield.
If you are taller then 5'6",
you will still be looking just ove rthe top.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've ridden both, if you want wind on your face and chest, go for the type S, you still will get a little less wind that on a regular naked motorcycle but way more than the stock windscreen or the aftermarkets.

this is the type S, windscreen.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
I own a 400S. I road it for a couple of months with the stock screen. If you don't like wind on your chest then you will not care much for it. It does very little to block wind from your chest or head. I replaced mine with an aftermarket windscreen.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I love my stock S windshield for around town BUT it does suck to take it on the highway. I am just now learning how to ride freeway speeds and it is obvious that a larger windshield will be needed. I can stand it at 50 and even 55 but at 60 it is like a wall suddenly hits you. The options are out there. First is to get a stock full WS from a dealer or a used one off ebay. Second option is an aftermarket WS, Givi makes one and Clearview has several options to choose from. I personally am on a budget so I think I will try a used one of ebay first and if that isn't enough then i will try a Clearview.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts