Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll as of yesterday I'm a new owner of a vary nice 2007 Burgman 400,
I'm wondering what type of oil people run in them and is it best to use synthetic.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Any brand oil that say is JASO MA approve on label is what you use, can be dino oil, semi-syn or full synthetic.

Many here use Shell Rotella Triple Protection 15W40 dino oil or Shell Rottella T6 5w40 full synthetic, both grade JASO MA approve.

You can use Shell, Mobil 1, Motul 5100, Amsoil, Delvac, Castrol and so many many other brand that JASO MA approve.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
400 Is A Dry Clutch

Actually, you need to use a good quality oil/filter and change it on a regular basis, especially if you do short trips.

Since it's a dry clutch, the JASO MA rating doesn't really apply - that pertains to clutches that are bathes in oil.

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
Actually, you need to use a good quality oil/filter and change it on a regular basis, especially if you do short trips.

Since it's a dry clutch, the JASO MA rating doesn't really apply - that pertains to clutches that are bathes in oil.
Yep, the 650 needs it but the 400 you could possibly use any car oil. But I can not give recommendations for a 400 as I have never had one.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts