Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited an' 08, I think, 650 from my deceased brother. I have no manual with it. Two questions. Where are the serial numbers and where is the sight glass for the oil? I can't find either. I looked down the oil fill hole and can't see any oil. Oil light is not on when running but it does light up when the key is turned on. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
If it is a 650 the the oil sight glass is on the right LEFT hand side below the floorboard, in front of the kickstand.

The VIN number is on the tag affixed to the tunnel below the glove box. You can also find it on the right hand frame down tube behind the radiator. Your going to have to remove some bodywork to see that one though.

Reactions: kinghd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is a 650 the the oil sight glass is on the right hand side below the floorboard.

The VIN number is on the tag affixed to the tunnel below the glove box. You can also find it on the right hand frame down tube behind the radiator. Your going to have to remove some bodywork to see that one though.
Ok, thanks. You'd think the Japanese would have made it easier with a dipstick.

·
Administrator
22,776 Posts
The VIN is in two places.

One is on the DATA plate on the plastic right above the engine cover.

Two is on the right side of the frame rail under the Radiator Cover.

Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Engineering Machine
Automotive tire Font Cylinder Human leg Art

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Thanks Dave I'll hang onto that VIN # for the future, lol.

·
Administrator
22,776 Posts
Thanks Dave I'll hang onto that VIN # for the future, lol.
Ha ha ha. That frame went to California to Boozer for his Reverse trike build. A 2003 650. I still have the engine here though.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Ha ha ha. That frame went to California to Boozer for his Reverse trike build. A 2003 650. I still have the engine here though.
I got one of those myself sitting around with the engine in it and another engine out of a 07, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts