Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course the subject is a joke...actually taken from a line in song. But, this story from my hometown just blows my mind. With all due respect, I honestly feel sorry for this woman. But she continues to smoke (see video). So she has money for cigarettes but not to pay her electric bill?

Further, I don't mean to point out the obvious...but if her family has enough money to hire a lawyer why don't they just pay the bill? Having worked since she was 16 she should realize that people don't work for free. If that was you or me working for the electric company and we didn't get our pay check one week because people decided that they couldn't pay the bill how would you feel? And furthermore, she has a family. Why don't they kick in a few bucks to pay the bill? $60 a month? Are you kidding me? That's cheap! OR why don't they move dear old mom in with them? Why should it be up to us to take care of her by paying for electric while she doesn't? I'm sorry, I feel bad for her, I really honestly do. But it's not my responsibility to take care of her. In fact, I have enough problems of my own!

http://bit.ly/T0zC1R

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
This is a case of inverted priorities. The woman and HER family are to blame, and THEY are the ones that have the means to take care of this.

But in a world where less is more, unemployment is work, illness is health, and failure is really success, this does not surprise me.

I wonder if she is part of that 47% that will vote for BO no matter what.

black51 said:
Of course the subject is a joke...actually taken from a line in song. But, this story from my hometown just blows my mind. With all due respect, I honestly feel sorry for this woman. But she continues to smoke (see video). So she has money for cigarettes but not to pay her electric bill?

Further, I don't mean to point out the obvious...but if her family has enough money to hire a lawyer why don't they just pay the bill? Having worked since she was 16 she should realize that people don't work for free. If that was you or me working for the electric company and we didn't get our pay check one week because people decided that they couldn't pay the bill how would you feel? And furthermore, she has a family. Why don't they kick in a few bucks to pay the bill? $60 a month? Are you kidding me? That's cheap! OR why don't they move dear old mom in with them? Why should it be up to us to take care of her by paying for electric while she doesn't? I'm sorry, I feel bad for her, I really honestly do. But it's not my responsibility to take care of her. In fact, I have enough problems of my own!

http://bit.ly/T0zC1R

1 - 2 of 2 Posts