Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Tried many months ago to add another horn of the same type to a space on RHS under the front tupperware above and beside the radiator opposite to the placement of the standard horn. I got the horn in place with a little effort, spliced into the two wires of the standard horn, there wasn't enough current running through the added wiring so neither horn worked at the time. I was using some spare wiring laying round in the garage and I think it was too thick, or simply had too much resistance.

Since then I've bought some specific automotive accessory wiring so once temperatures cool, plan to give it another attempt.
Knowing that the wiring and switch gear on these bikes is barely adequate with the stock horns I'd suggest adding a relay wired to the battery for the extra load.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
is it legal to put the horns at that level outside the vehicle?
I'm not aware of any specific mounting requirements in the US, not sure about the EU though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.