Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comparing to motorcycles, it seems we have to twist the throttle a lot further to reach the top speed. As a result, I think the additional tension makes long trips hard on our right hand. On the one hand (uh...) additional tension increases fatigue; on the other, the tighter grip makes hand tingle. I use throttle rocker for long trips and always have to set it up really high at idle in order for it to be effective at 70mph.

Are there any adjustments that can be made to shroten this twist travel?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I had thought it was more due to tension than degrees of rotation. It seems to me to be a standard quarter-turn throttle. But I could be wrong. Usually am. :?

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Yeah - I think it has a lotta "throw in it" myself. I think I am wrong also too though. I put TWO twist assists on my throttle. It doesn't help that it's stock grips are like holding onto a 2 year old's pinkie....I am probably going to go with beefier grips next rather than risers. The reach for my bars thing really isn't that bad with my full size corbin. The stock grips are too skinny imo though. Also - those crummy little grips are already wearing out after only a few thousand miles! sheesh!

To shorten "the throw" I'd guess you'd need some sort of block and tackle rig. Maybe you could design something using fishing rod and reel equipment - but man - if you were successfull with that could you imagine how touchy that gas handle would become!

·
Registered
969 Posts
It's funny. The size, the tension, and the rotation are similar to that on my DR350, but my hand doesn't get near as sore on the dirt bike. 'Course, now that I have my o-ring, that may have changed.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts