Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and buy an overpriced ticket to the good ol hippy daize!

http://www.oldbug.com/sales.htm

hafta have some ol jefferson starship playin' whilst you think about how ta blow 20 grand on an air-cooled bus!!

:D

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've owned a few VW's over the years and have a diesel Jetta at the moment. My two ulimate VW's for absolutely no reason what so ever are a 69 Beetle and a 67 Microbus

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The body is entirely made of wrought iron :?:
Now that is a first for me..That has got to be some kind of in the air ride :!: :lol:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks Pete for the nostalgia trip. My best friend had the Karmin Ghia convertible with the black roof, man is she going to flip when she see's the price. If I recall correctly she had a lot of problems with it and that's why she got something else.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had a few old VWs myself. My nicest one was a 66 bug 1300 with an 8 volt marine battery. I just tweaked the regulator to put out that much and it was grand! (Though the battery was expensive - but not as expensive as a 12v conversion - circa junior college 1978.) Never had any 6 volt blues after that. I also had a 62 bug. Sisters, Mom and Dad all had VWs - from a 1960 Camper (my Dad hated it because Mom couldnt see out of it and bent the bumper) to a cool 64 Ghia that Dad bought from the pastor who married my sister - stock original paint w/dealer A/C (this is FL ya know...) mint. My favorite was a black 1960 (the last year w/o a gas gauge) with red pleather and an aluminum/wood roof rack that we got on 1970 when we first moved overseas to Naples. Dad sold that because Mom couldn't get the hang of the reserve gas lever deal. There were about 4 more but.... anyway - I like to check out that site every now and again cause I like those old simple VWs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts