Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just receive my Nov. 04 copy of Twist & Go. There is an article and many pictures about the “2004 Intermot Show”. Of interest in the article is a picture of Honda SilverWing with a front air bag deployed. There is a picture of what appears to be a Burger 400 titled “Type S”; apparently Suzuki did not give any details regarding the Type S. The “Babieca” concept scooter was shown with the latest IT technology including on-board PDA, GPS navigation system and multimedia player, amongst other things. The Babieca looks like the merging of a scooter and sport bike, as there is no step through.

After reading the article and viewing the pictures it is evident that the Burgman’s have fallen behind a bit in styling and options.

Twist & Go is a UK publication; their web site is http://www.twistngo.com/

Cheers Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
web site?

Hey is there a web site for this publication that might have those pics? Air bag for a sliverwing, that's really interesting. I remember something about air bags being developed for bikes in the UK but I would like to check that out. Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am unaware of any web site that has pictures from the show. The current issue, Dec. 04 of Twist & Go is available at their web site http://www.twistngo.com/ I attempted a search of Intermont but came up with no hits. Maybe Norm can send us in the right direction given the show was on his side of the pond?

The Dec. 04 issue of Twist & Go has a review of the Burger 650, the 650 reviewed has ABS.

Cheers

·
Registered
689 Posts
Anyone knows where in the states we can get this. I send them an email and got a reply that at the moment they can not ship to the US.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
From the air vest product description:

"The rider must remember to remove the lanyards from the harness before leaving the bike, or risk unintended inflation."

Now, that could be embarrassing! :shock:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
No worse than me almost laying the Burgman down yesterday while parking at WalMart. I've gotten into the (bad) habit of kicking down the side stand quicky to keep the weight off my right leg due to the hip problem. When I started laying the bike over onto the stand, it had popped back up rather than down. I ended up catching it before it went too far over, but I almost layed it down in front of a dozen or more people. :oops:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think most riders have done the same thing over the years. I know I have :oops:

·
Registered
207 Posts
alburg said:
After reading the article and viewing the pictures it is evident that the Burgman’s have fallen behind a bit in styling and options.

Twist & Go is a UK publication; their web site is http://www.twistngo.com/

Cheers Al
It'd be nice if they sold online-only subscriptions but they don't. What's their verdict on the 650 Big Mac?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
burg650 said:
Anyone knows where in the states we can get this. I send them an email and got a reply that at the moment they can not ship to the US.
You can order back issues:here is the info

but the postage is very steep!

Subscription is an option but is £50 (93 US) for 12 issues which includes ROW postage.

'Me- no likeee spending my beer coupons on this' (even at half the price you chaps on other side of pond will have to stump up). I have ordered selected back copies to read particular and recommended articles - and they have been worthwhile BUT bear in mind you will be buying in each copy about 5% maxiscoot (if you are lucky maybe a tadge more), 35% scoots for kids with acne and 60% advertising aimed predominately at skin cleansers, acne creams and trick glue on animals to affix to your skid lid! ( I made that last bit up, there is a lot of advertising - all magazines have that, but I just felt the need to attempt to be funny and apologise if I caused any offence to those who may have been unlucky enough to suffer with acne).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Normster, I'm readying to fork out my cash on a Maxi Scooter and need to know what the verdict is on the Burgermeister by Saturday. A small summary of their verdict would be nice :notworthy:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I sure wouldn't base a buying decision on one magazine's "verdict". Did that once with a car purchase. Bad, bad, bad experience. Look 'em over, ride them if possible, come up with your own verdict. The dude at the magazine might not have the same reaction to any one model that you would....

I enjoy reading reviews too. When they're writing about a bike I'm familiar with, I've seem some writers really hit the mark - and others so far off that I wonder if they even rode the machine farther than around the block.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Jimbo

I cannot help you much as I have not bought a copy in a long while (8months) and they were back issues as I was buying a pre-owned Olde Burger - so was researching specifics.

Your very best bet is to get in touch with Lycheed from this forum, he is knowledgable about the scoots, Big Burgers and Tokyo.

As an interested observer of the 650 (and would love one - if I could buy at US prices - I would have one in a heartbeat) I say this, it is probably the best maxi scoot on the market in terms of all round capabilities. It may be beyond the average wrencher to tackle the valve clearances job but most others maintenance operations are pretty standard stuff. The ABS is a no brainer, if you are a purist then you may wish to forgo that facility and I hear tell for the real purist there is an add on mod which removes the electronic ignition and fits a cable operated advance retard mechanism on the handlebars - so you have real control over your machine! (Joke!! :wink: )

If you are more interested in sporty performance than all round touring aplomb then the TMAX may be more your style.

Anyway apart from this pretty worthless diatribe, the best I can do is this and it is only part of the full article. Linky

Get a test ride and speak to Lycheed!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Canadian price of Twist & Go is $9.95 (4.49 British Pounds) (8.39 USD). The place that I usually buy my magazines will discount 10% from the tagged price ($8.95 CDN for Twist & Go). Most large bookstores will bring in any magazines that you request. Chapters in Canada purchases from their distributor many UK publications including Twist & Go.

I like reading magazines like Twist and Go as the bikes they review are usually different than the bikes reviewed in North American motorcycle magazines. The other reality is that you get to see a whole lot of product that is not available in North America.

Variety is the spice of life.

Cheers

·
Registered
207 Posts
NormanB said:
Get a test ride and speak to Lycheed!!
Thanks for the info and link, Norm :thumbup: PM'd Lycheed a few days ago but haven't heard back yet. Will test ride a Burgmeister for a few hours on Saturday around the city and on the highway. That should give me a better idea.

Btw, any idea of the Burgster's 1/4 mile times? :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
1/4 time

think the 1/4 mile time on the 650 is a little over 15 seconds.but a turbo and some nitrous could fix that.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Taking an AN650 to the dragstrip is like taking a knife to a gunfight.

Excellent road machine though. Quick on the street and quick on the dragstrip are two different things. You need a bit of stealth on the street. :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts