Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new twist to a 2005 Burgman 650 that I came up with just so I could be a little different. After completing the exhaust system went out for my usual Sunday ride with my bud which also rides a 650 but was unaware that I had modified my bike into a true twin exhaust; After riding almost 20 miles with me in the lead my bud noticed something different about the rear of my bike and actually had to glance down at his on the left side to see if he had an exhaust on that side like mine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds like an interesting mod but you realize that it's never real without photos...just pop "how to post photos" in the search box if you're not sure how to upload.

·
Registered
347 Posts
WOW, nice job, I really like the look! Does that mod make it twice as quiet:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twin exhaust on my burg. 650

Haven't noticed any gas mileage increase and far as performance I really just ride moderatly or maybe I should say safely. The actual overall sound is very slight and really not noticeable; But I really love the looks.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

To insert pictures from your album, click on the picture for full size, right click and "Copy picture address" use the little button that looks like a mountain and insert the copied picture address

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ok. You've got to tell me how you did this. I've been wanting to do this ever since I relised the 650 was a 2 into 1 exhaust.

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Looks nice. Any issues with access to the drain and fill plugs on the final drive. Looks like clearance might be a bit tight when you need to change the final drive lube.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Twin Exhaust on my Burg 650

Just changed my rear tire the other day, removing the cover off the trans. swingarm was a litttle tough gettting the bolts out but no big deal! Shouldn't be a problem removing the drain plugs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
After looking at the pictures again, I suppose you have to to be more alert when filling the gas tank with fuel door being just above a hot exhaust pipe. Maybe it is nothing to be concerned about. Still looks great anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes! when fueling you have to be careful also the overflow line does come down right on top of the exhaust; so I am extremely carefull!!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I wonder if you could have modified the rear fender and done s totally one off exhaust where it came up and under more. Almost like a sport bike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts