Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the local cyclegear store when I decided to ask if the clerk if they had any seat cushions. They clerk got this quizical look on her face and asked me:"For what?"

I thoughtfully considered her question, and responded:"For my boney ass!" :twisted:
I then explained that after riding for more than an hour it becomes sore, and a nice cushion would likely help with that. She looked at me as if I were from Mars, snickered, and said "um...no...we don't have any"...

All I really want is a small pillow with straps that I may secure to my bikes seat. Who ever has the wit to sew one together and market it with a picture of a motorcycle embroidered on it will likely make some good cash. Not me, I'm a chef.
I did happen to notice that those U shaped neck pillows fit pretty well. I also found that those sponges used to apply car wax fit perfectly in the back pockets of my pants...hmmm...

In other news I've ordered an XL Clearview.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Some have had good results from a seat pad for office chairs, others with a wal-mart hunting/stadium air pad, others swear by the airhawk, some use bead seats and I have a sheepskin. Based on you living in a hot climate I'd probably recommend the bead seat pad (think I read the 14" version is best?). It allows air to flow through so you don't get that 'burning' from the seat as well as it supposedly offers more than I'd think in the area of comfort. YMMV? :)

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Take a look at these gel pads: http://www.saddlemen.com/gelpads.html
I've been using a large pad since I originally bought it for my '00 1100 Honda Shadow. Fits the 650 like a glove.
I've had it on my 650 for a year with good results. It eliminated that soreness/discomfort that makes it hurt just to think about getting back in the saddle after a 1 or 2 hour ride. I just returned from an almost 1,200 mile ride in 6 days with no saddle problems.

Don

·
Registered
88 Posts
i haven't really been keeping up with the forum as i should but i did see a few pictures in the gallery of a device that looked like a back support for long rides, anyone know where to get one?, after riding 100+miles it would come in handy(all backs and tush's aren't created equal)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts