Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the flasher relay but the signal lights do not blink just stay on. Replaced because of this problem. The same when the hazard is activated. All lights are good, battery and fuses. Sprayed the turn signal switch and cleaned the contact on that switch. Any one have any thing else to ad before I take it in to the repair place . It is a 2007 burgman 650.

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
3,955 Posts
My 2013 model service manual only refers to "Flash rate low" or "Flash rate high or one side only flashes" in the diagnostic section. I'd say your turn signal flash rate is very low. Reason given for that is either the turn signal relay (which you already replaced) or supply voltage low. That last item can be charging system or a wiring issue for the turn signal system. Maybe a short through a component that is not directly ground or insulation worn through someplace?

Reactions: newburg11

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would start tracing the wiring and looking for a loose/corroded connection. Start with the bulbs and sockets, poor grounding may have awoken the gremlins. Happy Motoring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pulled the 15 amp fuse I am guessing it is for the turn signals lights cause it says that on the inside cover for the fuses. The turn signal lights should not come on at all? All 4 signal lights still come on even when I remove the fuse for them .THIS CAN NOT BE RIGHT ????

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
li'm thinkin you already got to the flasher relay, check for power and ground at the appropriate points where the relay plugs in, it should be marked on the side of the relay, I think if it is like other relays,/ flashers it works by heating up and cooling off, when it gets hot, it opens the contacts, cools off and closes, heats again, etc, a missing power or ground to the relay will cause it to stay on steady, the ligts being on with the fuse pulled, dodesn't surprise me, ther are lotsa funky things about how the burg is wired, just one question, with the relay pulled, do the lights come on? er, 2 questions, can you hear/feel the relay going on and off?

Idon't have a wiring diagram for your bike, but there is probably a turn signal relay and fuse separate from the flasher relay and fuse, and my 650 has a flasher switch, you mentioned only cleaning the turn signal switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
li'm thinkin you already got to the flasher relay, check for power and ground at the appropriate points where the relay plugs in, it should be marked on the side of the relay, I think if it is like other relays,/ flashers it works by heating up and cooling off, when it gets hot, it opens the contacts, cools off and closes, heats again, etc, a missing power or ground to the relay will cause it to stay on steady, the ligts being on with the fuse pulled, dodesn't surprise me, ther are lotsa funky things about how the burg is wired, just one question, with the relay pulled, do the lights come on?
yes they do just do not blink

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
welp, pull both flasher relay and blinker relay, if the lights still on, stick a piece of wire in the socket and watch to see where the smoke comes out . best to do this outside the house so the garage don't burn down. I'm outta idears, I'll ask swmbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welp, pull both flasher relay and blinker relay, if the lights still on, stick a piece of wire in the socket and watch to see where the smoke comes out . best to do this outside the house so the garage don't burn down. I'm outta idears, I'll ask swmbo
the blinker relay is the flasher relay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts