Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was riding and signaled a turn into a store. I turned my Burgman off, parked and removed the key. I walked to the store and looked back. The blinker was still blinking. I would have thought that with the ignition off. The blinker would be off until the ignition was turned back on. Is this normal?

Mike
In Florida

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Did you turn it off or rather go past the off switch to the Parking light. Now I don't know if the blinker would work or not if it was left on but I think you went past off to auxilary. You have to be careful about that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
back rest

I have a pad design, but haven't found a producer yet. It would be real easy to make a cover, but it turns out it doesn't really *have* to have a pad.
Due to the mid back rest, your rear doesn't touch the bracket. Something as simple as a Crown royal bag would do the trick. I think something like a neoprene pad (like a mouse pad material) and an elastic edging, like a fitted sheet.
As for "Ugly", I thought I made it clear this was a prototype and was just finished yesterday afternoon. I've been through 6-8 designs, working to get it:
1: simple
2: inexpensive
3: comfortable
4: simple to install so that even the lowest common denominator can do it
5: make NO CHANGES to the OEM equipment, no holes, no cutting,
6: keep the ablility to adjust the backrest front to rear
speaking of ugly, have you seen a Burgman without the plastic?
I'm open to suggestions, and looking forward to "constructive" criticism.
jac

·
Registered
105 Posts
My apologies Jac. I really didn't mean to sound offensive. :oops: I give you a lot of credit. I do not have the ability to be as creative as you have shown yourself to be. I am actually very interested in your design, and we'll keep my eye on the progress. I removed my back rest and have been trying to figure out what to do as an alternative. This could be the very thing!

Again, my apologies, and I will keep my yap shut unless it is a constructive remark.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My Apologies All, Allen is absolute correct

I did not intend to drag this off topic. My sincere regrets.
To address your original question, While there's not a "accessory" position passed the "Locked" position, there *is* a "P" (parking lite) position. But.. it should only turn on the rear tail lamps and nothing else, no turn signals, no front lamps. Was it just a "fluke" or can you repeat the error consistantly? If you can, by all means have your dealer check it out. You may have a "lamp" power wire hooked up to the wrong connector on the ignition switch.
good luck.
jac

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blinker Problem solved.

I live, I learn. Allwalk was correect. I had gone past the off position to AuX and the light kept blinking. With the switch turned to off, it did not blink. Thanks for the help.

Mike
In Florida

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.