Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was riding and signaled a turn into a store. I turned my Burgman off, parked and removed the key. I walked to the store and looked back. The blinker was still blinking. I would have thought that with the ignition off. The blinker would be off until the ignition was turned back on. Is this normal?

Mike
In Florida

·
Registered
308 Posts
That is not right. The blinker should turn off if the engine is off (even if you set the Parking light/Steering lock on). Take it back to the dealer for an inspection and warranty repair.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Did you turn it off or rather go past the off switch to the Parking light. Now I don't know if the blinker would work or not if it was left on but I think you went past off to auxilary. You have to be careful about that.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Tried it on my 650. The turn signals do NOT work when I turn the key past lock to the parking light position.

Funny thing though. It does remember that the turn signal was on. When I went back to the ignition "On" position, the turn signal resumed blinking.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Did I mention ? <G>

Shameless self promotion note..
Did I mention I make a beeper for the Burgman.. avoid leaving the turn signal on.. <G>
http://www.rvtoys.net
This week I am revealing a new driver backrest kit as well, keep and use all your original "butt-bumper" to create a nice driver backrest.

·
Registered
220 Posts
jacvinson:

Great news. Let us know when you've got backrest pics. I'm interested.

·
Registered
370 Posts
BAckrest Pics

I posted the pics last night to the photos section, If you can't find them, let me know and I'll email some pics to you..
It is GREAT!, very comfortable and easy to install.
jc

·
Super Moderator
8,084 Posts
Do you have a picture of the pad that goes with it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is there something to cover the bracket? It's kinda ugly. :? And does that work with both the 400 & the 650?

·
Registered
370 Posts
back rest

I have a pad design, but haven't found a producer yet. It would be real easy to make a cover, but it turns out it doesn't really *have* to have a pad.
Due to the mid back rest, your rear doesn't touch the bracket. Something as simple as a Crown royal bag would do the trick. I think something like a neoprene pad (like a mouse pad material) and an elastic edging, like a fitted sheet.
As for "Ugly", I thought I made it clear this was a prototype and was just finished yesterday afternoon. I've been through 6-8 designs, working to get it:
1: simple
2: inexpensive
3: comfortable
4: simple to install so that even the lowest common denominator can do it
5: make NO CHANGES to the OEM equipment, no holes, no cutting,
6: keep the ablility to adjust the backrest front to rear
speaking of ugly, have you seen a Burgman without the plastic?
I'm open to suggestions, and looking forward to "constructive" criticism.
jac

·
Registered
105 Posts
My apologies Jac. I really didn't mean to sound offensive. :oops: I give you a lot of credit. I do not have the ability to be as creative as you have shown yourself to be. I am actually very interested in your design, and we'll keep my eye on the progress. I removed my back rest and have been trying to figure out what to do as an alternative. This could be the very thing!

Again, my apologies, and I will keep my yap shut unless it is a constructive remark.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Ok this Post has been hijacked enough. lets please get back to the posted topic of helping Mike solve this mystery with the signals
Thanks all!

·
Registered
370 Posts
My Apologies All, Allen is absolute correct

I did not intend to drag this off topic. My sincere regrets.
To address your original question, While there's not a "accessory" position passed the "Locked" position, there *is* a "P" (parking lite) position. But.. it should only turn on the rear tail lamps and nothing else, no turn signals, no front lamps. Was it just a "fluke" or can you repeat the error consistantly? If you can, by all means have your dealer check it out. You may have a "lamp" power wire hooked up to the wrong connector on the ignition switch.
good luck.
jac

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blinker Problem solved.

I live, I learn. Allwalk was correect. I had gone past the off position to AuX and the light kept blinking. With the switch turned to off, it did not blink. Thanks for the help.

Mike
In Florida

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Glad it was something that simple Mike. Now we all know if we should experience it ourselves in the future.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I guess it makes sense, that way you can turn off the ignition and headlights, and leave blinkers on... like on the side of a road at night.. <G> god, I hate when *that happens.
jac

1 - 16 of 16 Posts