Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and did not find my answer. If I missed it I am sorry. What type bulbs do the Burgmans use in the taillight and turn signals? I know some will say "never had a problem with them so I don't know" But I was looking at all the LED replacement bulbs that you can get these days and I got to wondering. Is it a 1157 or 3157 or something else? Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm 31 views no replies? Oh well like I mentioned most people probably fall under the "I have not had any problems with the bulbs thus I have not had to change them out and with that said I have no idea exactly what bulb it takes". But I have faith someone will know and hopefully in turn let me know.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Chief_O. wrote
I have not had any problems with the bulbs thus I have not had to change them out and with that said I have no idea exactly what bulb it takes
"
I guess that about covers it !
I can tell you the turn signal light is 12v21w
The brake light/taillight is 12v21/5w
Don't guess that helps much but that is all the service manual has .
It's one of those deals you have to take out first I guess. :?
Burgman 400

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I was one of the initial views and quickly looked in my manual to find the answer for you. However all I found was the same info as Randy but I didn't post it as I thought it wasn't what you wanted. You've sparked my curiosity now but I don't feel like taking apart the lens covers right now. I want to add LED's in the brake and signal light areas over the winter like one of our European members did.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I wanted to change to LED's in my Subaru, but realized that, as they go in from the back of the unit, the hole wouldn't be big enough to accomodate them. :( I haven't looked at the Burger, but sort of assumed the same thing ( there are no screws in the lens).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys. If anyone figures it out let me know. I know a member from Spain put LEDs in his Burgman but it looked as if he used numerous small leds instead of just one replacement bulb with bunches of led's on it. I could be wrong on this but looking at the picture of the bulb he used and in his post he mentions he has x amount for the brake lights and x amount for the turn signals tends to make me think he used more than one single bulb for each. May be like Wasions mentioned just too small a hole to get such a large replacement LED in it. But like they say...."where there is a will there is a way"

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a little late with this reply, but here is what I know.
On the 400, at least the turn signals have a unique base that is only available from Suzuki. I don't know about the brake lights or the 650.

Dean

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
wrecruiser said:
On the 400, at least the turn signals have a unique base that is only available from Suzuki.
Dean
That reminds me of when my friend bought an antique Porsche sports car some years ago. The wiper blades were the same exact same thing as those used by the Volkswagen Beetle. Except that the fitting where they attached to the wiper stalk was entirely different. Cost him about 5 times as much as the Volkswagen part.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tail Light Bulbs

If you want something trick for tail light bulbs the way to go is a set of
Tailblazers made by Kisan Technologies. They are a direct replacement for a 1157 bulb and are Halogen. The best part is when you apply the brakes they flash for about 4 sec then stay on as a constant light. Bad part about them is they are 100.00 dollars for the 2 pack but they do come with a spare set of replacement bulbs. They do look trick when a pair come on behind a 650 they are hard to miss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts