Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on my left or right turn signal it activates the emergency flashers. All four bulbs are working. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

James
2007 Burgman

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Where are you activating the turn signal? On the right or left hand side of the handlebars?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
jdawson said:
When I turn on my left or right turn signal it activates the emergency flashers. All four bulbs are working. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

James
2007 Burgman
WELL.........!!!!!!!! THAT keeps em guessing what you are going to do - take a right - take a left - or just stop..........................

·
Registered
298 Posts
An indecisive Burgman. "left, no right, no left - oh sod it". :D

No not heard of that fault, when you turn on the hazard lights using the switch on the right hand grip, what happens?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The turn signal button is on the left handle bar. The emergency flasher button is on the right handle bar. The emergency flasher works correctly. Thanks for the replies. When I turn on the left turn signal and the flashers come on it confuses not only the drivers in front and rear and but me also - I don't know whether to turn or go straight!

James
2007 Burgman 400

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
It sounds like a short, perhaps in the wiring in the handlebar or just under the dash. At least those areas are easy to get to. If you're not sure how to remove them, Mitch (micbergsma) has a video on how to remove the dash on YouTube.

If you look at a wiring diagram, the area to check would be before the part of the harness that is common to both. Perhaps even in the turn signal switch itself.

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
jdawson said:
The turn signal button is on the left handle bar. The emergency flasher button is on the right handle bar. The emergency flasher works correctly. Thanks for the replies. When I turn on the left turn signal and the flashers come on it confuses not only the drivers in front and rear and but me also - I don't know whether to turn or go straight!

James
2007 Burgman 400
:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Sounds like a short. Especially as it is occurring on both left and right - common denominating factor.

Cheers,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem fixed. I installed a universal turn signal beeper from the Gadget Guy several years ago. I removed the beeper and the turn signals work correctly. Just posting where I bought it in case some one else has this problem. Thanks for all the replies.
At least I don't have to put up with the noised the beeper made anymore....but can I remember to turn the signals off without it!

James
2007 Burgman
2000 Ultra Classic

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
InfernoST said:
tarmacburner2 said:
Sounds like a short. Especially as it is occurring on both left and right - common denominating factor.

Cheers,
I agree but you don't know if you don't ask.
Very true, the most stupid question is the one you didn't ask. Hopefully there is always someone out there with that piece of information you need when you need it.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
jdawson said:
Problem fixed. I installed a universal turn signal beeper from the Gadget Guy several years ago. I removed the beeper and the turn signals work correctly. Just posting where I bought it in case some one else has this problem. Thanks for all the replies.
At least I don't have to put up with the noised the beeper made anymore....but can I remember to turn the signals off without it!

James
2007 Burgman
2000 Ultra Classic
CONGRATULATIONS on solving yer own problem........!! Great to hear that...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts