Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the Post but someone was trying to set up some sort of reminder for them to turn off the Turn Signal...

Saw an Aftermarket Beeper in J.C. Whitneys Motorcycle Catalog today...

http://www.jcwmotorcycle.com

Extra Loud Electronic Turn Signal Beeper...86 dB

Part Number: AGS014425U

$24.95

Very Small and looks like its only 3 wires to install and mounts with a Sticky Pad.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Go to Radio Shack, find a loud buzzer - they generally have several options. Either buy two, and hook one up in parallel with the left bulb and right bulb, or get a pair of relays and hook both relays to the buzzer and one relay each to each turn signal bulb. Save $15 or more over the JC Whitney stuff.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Cannot remember exactly how I wired mine up, but you don't need any relays, just the beeper and some diodes.
I fitted mine a year ago, and I fitted the loudest piezo beeper Maplins (UK) did.
If its too loud, its very easy to use tape to quieten it down.
But after a while I left the tape off, I can hear it travelling at 80mph, and also pedestrians hear me coming, and don't step into the road on corners.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I bought a couple small piazo buzzers from Radio Shack and installed one in each mirror on my 650. They were less than $4 each. I sometimes forget to cancell them when pulling into a gas station or busy parking lot, when my mind is preoccupied. I taped them so they are just loud enough to hear at slow speeds, but not annoying.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yup, get 'em at the Radio Shack. Two for less than $4 each. Remove the black cowl below the windshield. Everything's right there. Follow the plug to each turn signal up front. Each has a common wire and each has its own color. The two beeper black wires go to the common. The piezo electric squealers beep with each flash since the connections at that plug is downstream of the flasher. They come with about 4 or 6 inches of wire which is the right size to piggyback onto the plug and push it back together. Take a bread twist tie and through the hole in each, tie 'em to the harness. I recall I got the 9 or 10 to 16 volt ones and they are perfect.
But I'm not the old guy that's hard of hearing. I hear them easily through my helmet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You know what that ... turn signal is a stupied complaintive .

I am so DONE with kawasaki dumbfoundedness I have my own ...

a learning pattern !!

F... u if you ppl of production cannot make a signal of sound and orient

{ oriental} TANGENT of necessity !!
ONE DUMB add-on where is it ??

Krystals

·
Registered
179 Posts
Normsthename said:
Cannot remember exactly how I wired mine up, but you don't need any relays, just the beeper and some diodes.
I figured it'd be easier for someone to figure out a relay than a diode (what's the difference between a cathode and anode?) - but yeah, a diode would be more compact and cheaper to get the same effect. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
ben1364 said:
R V Toys has a signal beeper that works great for me! I have no relationship with the supplier.
I did also, and it works well, but I wrapped foam around mine, and installed it under the dash (left side). The loud ones are annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts