Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone here please tell me if there is a neat way to move my turn signals further away from the center-line of my '11 400 (both front and rear) without hacking up the plastic panels too badly.

I'm concerned that when in traffic, and needing to change lanes or turn at intersections, my intentions might not be very apparent to cagers in front or to the rear of my position in traffic.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I do get nervous wondering if the existing signal lights within their sleek enclosures are really effective.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I rode my 08 400 in NYC for several years and didn't feel I had any issues with my signals not being noticed, if I felt that was a question in my head that my signals were not being noticed (there were a couple of times) I would use my hands to announce my intentions. On my 650 I installed a Givi top case with the admore lighting kit which puts the running, brake and signal lights in the the top case which is directly in the the drivers line of sight behind you, it works great but is a bit costly if you don't already have a top case.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
On the Burgman 400 The Signals are not seen to much in the Day!! The Bulbs are not very bright, One thing i was thinking of doing was putting some LEDS in them or MR16 Type leds Orange , the Problem is fitting them there.

VLEDS has a new led that's real Bright Called V3 Triton, cost $99 bucks . but may fit in those applications , 7Watt turn signals all so that could do the JOB but is costly.

Elliott,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a Givi topcase already (not sure about the model, as it was included from Suzuki), and maybe I can take care of the rear signals that way.

As for the brightness of the bulbs, I'll have to get a buddy to give me some input on that, since the engine shuts down along with the sidestand. Actually, I never noticed whether I could operate the turn signals without the engine running...if so, I probably should re-read the manual :oops: .

Maybe my worrying about the visibility of my intentions to turn isn't that great of a problem...I don't know. I try to be as visible as possible, and because my night vision isn't what it used to be, I try to limit riding to daylight hours...so Elliott, your approach to changing the lights out to get other drivers' attention might be the answer.

Thanks to both for your replies.

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can leave the turn signals on without the engine running. It's not a bad thing to do either, as it can save leaving the lights on from turning the key to far when you remove it, leaving it with the parking lights in. You're more likely to notice a flashing orange light and flashing green one on the dash than the side/parking lights, especially in day light.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
All,

I've never had an issue with folks not seeing the front turn signals, but I did have issues with the rear brake lights and turn signals not being seen. My solution was to mount an Admore light bar underneath my top box. I attached it to the mounting bracket for the box. It works great and my signals definitely get noticed now.

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts