Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Good find Cliff. Were there any import duties ? Seems like a good deal and honest seller. Good timing for me also. :thumbup:

Steve

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ibsteve said:
Good find Cliff. Were there any import duties ? Seems like a good deal and honest seller. Good timing for me also. :thumbup:

Steve
Nope--cost me $5.18 + $4.99 to my door. They are not 100% like the OEM pins, but in some respects better...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Securing the plastic panel below the tail light

alternate solutions include replacing the OEM push pins with plastic ties and metal screws.

No one has referenced a source for the panel removal or provided photos. These would be useful.

There are a variety of 6-10 mm plastic push pins and rivet fastners on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/ then search for plastic push pins

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
I bought these 8 mm reusable nylon "rivets" and these 6 mm rivets from an eBay vendor on August 28, and received them today--all A#1 quality. $5.18 shipped for the 8 mm pins and $4.99 for the 6 mm, in addition the vendor threw in an assortment of 10 or so each of both sizes.

Good deal...
But it took 11 months to get to you. ;)

I think that is who I bought 2 sets from last year.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I bought similar from someone on Amazon. 8mm. Use them on my Burgman and my Saturn. Yup a little better than the Saturn ones, at least.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
What would you think about the quality of an air filter like this one?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had some automotive fasteners laying around. You know the ones, they are like a "C" shaped sheetmetal with a nut fastened on the bottom of them? I had a couple of those that I slipped on and then ran a bolt up through the panel to fasten it .That's the way it should have been done at the factory.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What would you think about the quality of an air filter like this one?
I would think that making something like that requires injection moulding machinery and moulds (neither of which are inexpensive) and access to a source for filter paper (which is relatively inexpensive), and the expertise to put it all together and produce the assemblies in sufficient quantity so as to be fiscally viable.

I.e. they are probably made by "the" or "one of the" suppliers that makes them for Suzuki...

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Thanks, Cliffy -- i've ordered the HiFloFiltro, to keep a bit closer to the safe side. The part #HFA3401. Will report when it arrives.

Who knows maybe this thread will grow to "Best from China" -- from Push-Pins to... :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The filter blurb doesn't tell what it's made from :(
The blurb is written in Chingrish :) which is always fun
It comes from China, good luck knowing how long it will take :(

I would like to fab a base plate and be able to buy a cheaper car filter to drop in. That way I wouldn't have to mess with it. Just buy another car filter and replace the old one. :)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually shipping from China is now pretty quick--in the lasr few years i have never waited more than 4 weeks, with 2 weeks or less not being uncommon. ALIExpress is surprisingly fast...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nope--cost me $5.18 + $4.99 to my door. They are not 100% like the OEM pins, but in some respects better...
It is my good fortune that my local hardware/lumber store sells bin after bin of the fasteners used on cars. etc. I have never sought Suzuki fasteners. The choices I have are considerable and much, much lower priced than other sources. I have also checked out Home Depot and Lowes, but they cannot compare.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I found these at NAPA for about $5 and they work great for the lower side panel (the one under the left foot floorboard you remove for oil/fluid changes). These have been in and out several times with no problems:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
So the China air filter marked as HiFloFiltro has arrived. The quality seems OK, but visually a bit worse than the OEM, with burrs around some edges. Paper color is also different:

OEM:

Anyways, replaced the part and noticed... no difference nowhere. Why i did that again? :D Fuel consumption stayed exactly the same, sound, performance etc. didn't change also. Just looks cleaner inside. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts