Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://youtu.be/CLzZNE3LSW8

After my fall last weekend, I'm looking to repair or replace the lower Tupperware on the right side, the long piece underneath. I was wondering if anyone has a parted bike or good link to find a used one. Just shopping at this point. I'd need it for a silver AN650 K5.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Cheaper!! to Fix it your self, Did you check Ebay Yet?,

Just get some Bondo Liamjs, should not take to long Save Money!!

Elliott,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheaper!! to Fix it your self, Did you check Ebay Yet?,

Just get some Bondo Liamjs, should not take to long Save Money!!

Elliott,
Ya, checked eBay. Nothing right now.

I have a friend who says he can fix it. Just checking before I go the whole bondo, paint route.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
One thing about that Plastic that it is very Expensive ,When i went down Do to a 18 Wheeler truck, Reversed on me knocked The Scooter down!! Insurance wanted me to get an Estimate from the Dealer, Boy what an Estimate All right $1900 All Plastic Tupaware, No way, At the time just about the Tupaware was $289 - $170 - $120 on just about each Peace, Naw!! Decided to Repair it my self at a Cost of $20 Bondo -$Colorrite $40 - $10 Sandpaper was able to do the entire both Sides, Took what was left of the $1800 and spent it on Performance Parts Etc,Etc

Now the AN650 leg side cover (right) price is $262.14

An't that something, Liamjs,

And for one thing There arnt any Humans Making that Stuff... ROBOTS Make that Stuff now!!!

Crooks

Elliott,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing about that Plastic that it is very Expensive ,When i went down Do to a 18 Wheeler truck, Reversed on me knocked The Scooter down!! Insurance wanted me to get an Estimate from the Dealer, Boy what an Estimate All right $1900 All Plastic Tupaware, No way, At the time just about the Tupaware was $289 - $170 - $120 on just about each Peace, Naw!! Decided to Repair it my self at a Cost of $20 Bondo -$Colorrite $40 - $10 Sandpaper was able to do the entire both Sides, Took what was left of the $1800 and spent it on Performance Parts Etc,Etc

Now the AN650 leg side cover (right) price is $262.14

An't that something, Liamjs,

And for one thing There arnt any Humans Making that Stuff... ROBOTS Make that Stuff now!!!

Crooks

Elliott,
I agree. It's pilfering at its finest. The one thing that ALWAYS gets damaged, no matter the fall or crash is the Tupperware. I'd dare to say you can get virtually any part on a bike from a salvage yard, but the plastic is almost always damaged, so not much to be had. What does come on the market is quickly snatched up. Someone PM me and said there was some available last week. Gone when I checked today.

So OEM is usually the only reliable supply and they want $$$$. And that's only one piece. The upper fairing is damaged as well, minimally. I dare not even think about replacing It. The bike isn't worth the fix.

So I'll just do what I can and say the rest just adds character. I don't much care about what people think of my ride. She's beautiful for how she performs, scars and all.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I agree. It's pilfering at its finest. The one thing that ALWAYS gets damaged, no matter the fall or crash is the Tupperware. I'd dare to say you can get virtually any part on a bike from a salvage yard, but the plastic is almost always damaged, so not much to be had. What does come on the market is quickly snatched up. Someone PM me and said there was some available last week. Gone when I checked today.

So OEM is usually the only reliable supply and they want $$$$. And that's only one piece. The upper fairing is damaged as well, minimally. I dare not even think about replacing It. The bike isn't worth the fix.

So I'll just do what I can and say the rest just adds character. I don't much care about what people think of my ride. She's beautiful for how she performs, scars and all.
I Here ya Brother, Just Get what the Eye Can See...... and that fairing is the most $$$ part on the bike... Just take it to your Friend and let him Do it, Save your self $300 Bucks + other damages

here are some Old repairs i did after the 18 Wheeler Accident

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have fitted chrome strip to all the vulnerable places on my K6. Here's a pix of a bit of it (I'm restricted for proper photo's at the moment because of a cluttered garage) I have 3 of these strips along the exhaust silencer cover and anywhere else that's likely to hit the ground first. The strip is self adhesive - just cut to length, peel off the backing paper and apply.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I have fitted chrome strip to all the vulnerable places on my K6. Here's a pix of a bit of it (I'm restricted for proper photo's at the moment because of a cluttered garage) I have 3 of these strips along the exhaust silencer cover and anywhere else that's likely to hit the ground first. The strip is self adhesive - just cut to length, peel off the backing paper and apply.
Did!! That as well peelbrow, had to Replace One side when i was at Church Parking lot i forgot to remove the Front Break Disc Lock, Throttled it and Over She went Left side, And those really Help, Atleast 1 Inch outward would be Better, Or 2 of those Chrome Strips....

Elliott,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea, but a little too late unfortunately. But this fall grinded down the plastic underneath the bike and broke off a couple pieces from the side.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Good idea, but a little too late unfortunately. But this fall grinded down the plastic underneath the bike and broke off a couple pieces from the side.[/QUOT

Suzuki tupperware is made of the ubiquitous ABS. The broken pieces can be repaired by soldering-iron-melted cable-ties, which are also (usually) ABS. There are plenty of how-to-do's on the web.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
There's a New Bondo Out for Plastic have not tried it yet? But if any on has Post let Us Know!!

Elliott,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts