Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a tunnel bag of good quality. 20+ liter. I don't care about how it is attached to the bike, I will work that out. I know some of you have these and know all the up and downs of you model/brand. I would like a map/GPS window on the top but I can make that work also.

·
Super Moderator
8,075 Posts
20 liter is a big tunnel bag. I don't know the exact capacity I think it's closer to 6 or so , but it works very well.

pics in my gallery

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've got a Givi EA105 on my b400. It works well, and was reasonably priced on Amazon.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a Givi both a T435 (same as EA105) and a T455, which I bought online via Taobao (mainland China's equivalent to eBay. Cost was similar. I prefer the T455 as it has the clear window on the top flap, which is handy for placing a map or even a smartphone with GPS (though placement is not ideal for having to look down etc). The bags may hold 20L but I'm unsure about that, I can say that what my bag(s) do hold is plenty. Unfortunately the new style AN650l3 and L4 will not allow the same bags to fit in the tunnel space as the space is shorter and the front of the seat is a different design. Suzuki seem to have a OEM tunnel bag for the new scoots complete with the word 'Burgman' added to the sides of the tunnel bag, but no tunnel bag for the L3/L4's listed on www.givi.it yet, despite there being a picture of the scoot with a tunnel bag. Might be a beta version of a Givi bag that hasn't been released yet...

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Quail, XS318 bag is on Givi USA web site, this model perhaps to new to be in store yet, forget to mention in other post that BUSA member here KIWI Dave have great price on GIVI product, perhaps you get better price from Dave.

Contact GIVI USA they can tell you if XS318 is ready to ship presently to retail seller or when they start to ship these.

It is very nice looking bag that hold 25 liter capacity, T435 on me bike is 22 liter.

http://www.giviusa.com/component/vir...ent&format=pdf

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Are tunnel bags worthwhile for the space they take?
It extremely practical, they handle good amount of stuff, they take up the space you not using anyway. Very easy to bring bag with you if you want when go shopping or restaurant or visiting site, etc.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Are tunnel bags worthwhile for the space they take?
Yes! I use my tunnel-bag for storing my overnight clothes and shaver etc for my overnight trip on the ferry from Hull, UK to Zeebrugge, Belgium. It also contains all my precious documents - passport & etc and I never leave it on the bike. It is very light and has a carry handle and is waterproof (I have Nikwaxed it).When I am riding, the side pockets are very accessible in which I keep a plastic-bag half-full of change for toll-roads etc. (I simply hand over the bag, they remove the necessary fee, hand it back to me and I stuff it back into the pocket all without removing my bike gloves. Tunnel-bag: a first-class very useful article.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Agree completely.

Tunnel bags take up room that would otherwise be considered dead space on a scoot, though for some scoots that have a flat floor/tunnel then this serves a very useful platform to placement of 'shopping bags' and adding a hook only adds to the number of shopping bags one can carry in this location, writes he that has undertaken numerous supermarket runs over the years, here in mainland China, where all manner of scoots are common.

Aside from the convenience of items already outlined above by other replies, I also find the bag useful for carrying refreshments, especially the kind with a 'pop top' or flip-up lid, which are easily opened and drunken from while riding. On other maxi scoots I have fitted drink bottle holders commonly used on bicycles, however the angles of the inner leg shields of the Burgman650 doesn't lend itself as a suitable surface to mount such holders, so the tunnel bag are an acceptable alternative IMO.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have and use a Bestem Hump Bag (tunnel bag). It is roomy but I am not sure how many liters it holds http://www.bestemusa.com/Suzuki-Burgman-Hump-Bag-Tank-Bag_p_1017.html. There are pictures of it on a Burgman 650 on the Bestem website. Fits the older 650's fine, not sure about the new design Burgmans. Cost is $69.95 currently including shipping. It is not waterproof, you will have to use tent dry or Scotchguard to provide that. It does have a clear window on top.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do any of you move your tunnel bag out of the way every time you mount or dismount?

One reason I chose a step-through was to deal with some arthritis, to avoid swinging my whole leg over the seat. I like the idea of a tunnel bag at times but mine would have to be very easily pulled out and back each time I mount and dismount. "Fastex" buckles or something similar would probably be what I need in the mounting.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Link to GIVI USA and XS318 25 litre tunnel bag work fine this morning, but not seem to work now, if you look on GIVI USA site it part of soft luggage Xstream Range series and listed at $139.00.

Here new link:

http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/soft-luggage/xstream-range/25-liter-scooter-bag-detail
Chérie send GIVI USA e-mail, this reply from GIVI:

'' Thank you for contacting GIVI motorcycle accessories. We appreciate the interest you have shown in our products. The XS318 is in stock and available to be ordered from any GIVI dealer.

Best regards, GIVI USA, Inc. ''

Contact Revzilla also , they not receive XS318 stock, it coming, but can take order.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Do any of you move your tunnel bag out of the way every time you mount or dismount?

One reason I chose a step-through was to deal with some arthritis, to avoid swinging my whole leg over the seat. I like the idea of a tunnel bag at times but mine would have to be very easily pulled out and back each time I mount and dismount. "Fastex" buckles or something similar would probably be what I need in the mounting.
Have bad lower back problem as well as right hip problem (it get severe few time per riding season), when this happen and it really unyielding I sit GIVI T435 on handle bar against dash, pass right leg, sit down, then push in GIVI T435 on tunnel do same when need to get off, actually it easy on easy off.

·
Registered
426 Posts

The Givi tunnel bags I've got come with Velcro with adhesive backing, apply this to the top side of the tunnel/access panel lid and this makes the tunnel bag easily removable when needed.

One method I use when mounting the Burgy650's is to climb aboard the scoot while the scoot is on the centre stand. Easy done IMO. Left 'foot' onto the left 'foot well' and then easy swing of the leg either fore or aft of the tunnel bag/seat. However in saying that, I don't have any chronic pain syndromes to consider, so what may work well for me, may not work for anyone else.
YMMV

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want a bag that will hold its shape without being stuffed full, yet flex enough to carry into a shopping center with out feeling like I am dragging hard side luggage around. I have heard the Bestem bag is to floppy. The EA105 is shaped nice and I think I could mount my GPS on the top. Is it stiff as I want?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kiwi Dave doesn't know if the openings on the 400 and 650 are the same and if the bags can be used interchangeably. Is that the case?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I want a bag that will hold its shape without being stuffed full, yet flex enough to carry into a shopping center with out feeling like I am dragging hard side luggage around. I have heard the Bestem bag is to floppy. The EA105 is shaped nice and I think I could mount my GPS on the top. Is it stiff as I want?
I haven't found my Bestem bag to be "too floppy" but then again, I don't take it with me every time I get off of the bike.

I do just move it out of the way when getting on or off the bike. Not a big deal.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
213 Posts
Doug...how does the Bestem attach to the tunnel? I looked at the web page, but didn't see any info about the mounting system, and their thumbnail photos wouldn't enlarge for me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I want a tunnel bag of good quality. 20+ liter. I don't care about how it is attached to the bike, I will work that out. I know some of you have these and know all the up and downs of you model/brand. I would like a map/GPS window on the top but I can make that work also.
Quail, check this out.. it might be to your liking. This is not a "bag" ;)

http://stanstclair.wix.com/tunneltank

1 - 20 of 55 Posts