1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kinda like an oxymoron...I'm just sayin there are awesome earbuds for way less $$ unless this guy parks his scoot in his living room and his sweetie told him to take it to the curb hence the Craigslisting

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Anything worth doing is worth over doing. :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
There was a similar ad in the local paper here years ago. It went on for 2 paragraphs listing all the stereo stuff. All of which amounted to several thousand dollars. The last sentence was "Mounted on a 1985 Toyota pickup.". This was back when the mini pickup thing was hot.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
4200 worth of equipment on a 4200 bike? That's nothing!

I was in the car audio biz during it's hay-day for 10 years. There were plenty of cases where we put 3-5 grand of equipment and tv's in a 79 Cutlass with no brakes, a leaky exhaust, no AC, a droopy headliner, complete with a 199.99 Maaco paint job and a screwdriver for a key... due to a stripped steering column from all of their stuff being stolen the week before. Too many stories to tell...:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
One of the morons my son works with recently dropped $4000 on tires and rims for a '80's Chevy Caprice beater worth maybe $500. He spent another $100 to have 2 chrome exhaust tips welded on to the tailpipes. Future plans include video screens for the dash and in the headrests. DUH!!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Kinda like an oxymoron...I'm just sayin there are awesome earbuds for way less $$ unless this guy parks his scoot in his living room and his sweetie told him to take it to the curb hence the Craigslisting
Not an oxymoron...just a regular old MORON!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
One of the morons my son works with recently dropped $4000 on tires and rims for a '80's Chevy Caprice beater worth maybe $500. He spent another $100 to have 2 chrome exhaust tips welded on to the tailpipes. Future plans include video screens for the dash and in the headrests. DUH!!!
Many (more than 35) years ago a friend, his 10 year old daughter and I were riding through Boston's Roxbury neighborhood--emphasis on "hood". Lucy asked why there were so many crappy looking cars, with primer and mismatched colour body parts; but with flashy wheels and tires.

I told her it was because one cannot steal a paint job...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts