Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got thru with "a top end" thing vis a viz a 5 lung Chevy trailblazer. Fully warmed up with only a gallon of gas and an empty trunk.

He didn't pull from me and I didn't gain on him. He messed with me for about 7 miles till the highway opened. Then I left him behind, but he kept on catching up and dorking with me. Once the hiway opened up, I rolled into it, went up about 90 indicated fore a lil while and there he was again. I slowed a bit, and let him roll by. Then, after he got around, he nailed it (I could tell visually and ofactorally) well, after smelling 260 ponies of unleaded gas from him I went ahead and rolled into it. Then we (I) went to 107 indicated (about 30 seconds from 80) when I decided I wasn't making any more headway on him and eased off. I was actually gaining on him but...

I was dissapointed. I was really tucked down tho, and I felt that maybe my "C-shaped" position was actually holding a bunch of wind up and under by my feet and windshield and footboards rather than letting it "expell" over my body more (what could have been) raised shoulders.

Heck I've had 110 shown before (with a quick one or two second flip over to 111.)

Whatzup wit dat?

Maybe this heat and 99 percent humidity?
My 87 octane?
Wind (stiff)?
Suction thru the step thru?!

:?

Darn, it's still is fast tho! :)

Not happy here. 1 oh 7 on a hot day is a bit weak.

grrr.

maybe more tire air pressure 'eh?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Had mine up to 115 with the stock windscreen. With the Clearview XXL it runs out of oomp by 100, might squeeze 5 more mph out of it given enough road, but accelleration is all gone by 100. With an intermediate size windscreen, I could get 108 mph. A Givi E52 top box with the stock screen also dragged me down to 108 top speed.

So... what accessories have you mounted? I'd be willing to bet that has a lot more to do with it than your riding position.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock, cept for a corbin seat and backrest.

Huge suction near my face and the risers whilst "tucked down" at that speed tho.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I don't know then. Last year when touring in South Dakota, I experienced discernably more power using 89 octane gas. Around here where I normally ride, it makes absolutely no difference. It runs as well on 87, 89 or 91 octane - no difference in power. I know the FI has a temperature sensor. Probably humidity, elevation, and other things effect performance too - and that is probably why 89 octane worked better on that trip. I was definitely at higher altitude and in a less humid climate. So experiment I guess. If 89 octane seems to give a boost, run it.

Now there was this one Silverwing at Scootercade that had a nitrous oxide bottle fitted... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.
ok paul, ill do that, and maybe relax my shoulders a bit too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts