Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never made anything related with mechanics. At the moment, my burgman is consuming more fuel than usual. A friend of mine has recommended to clean the air filter, but I don't know where it's. I've a Suzuki Burgman UH125, like this one:



Where can I access to the air filter? How you recommend to clean it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,258 Posts
I've never seen a 125 but if it is like the 400 the filter will be under the seat in front of the storage area. There will probably be a panel covering it that you will have to remove a couple of screws to take off. The filter is probably an oiled foam filter. On my 400 I take the filter out and wash it in warm water and dish washing soap. I pat the excess water out then let it air dry. Once it is dry I pour a little motor oil on it and mash it to distrbute the oil around an squeese out any excess.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,516 Posts
Do what Buffalo said...if it is foam, DO NOT squeeze it up
like a sponge if it seems stiff..it may crumble in tour hand.
For me...after mine is washed & dried..I put it between
paper towels to get most of the water out, then use a
hair dryer to get it dry.
Then I put it in a plastic sandwich baggie, squirt a bit of
motor oil on the filter, & then sort of smush the oil around
inside the baggie until the filter is well coated.
If it is too wet with oil when you are done, lay it between
some paper towels & pat it a bit, just enough so it's not
dripping oil.....then put it back in the plastic filter housing,
& put that back into the air cleaner housing. Now you're done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both.
I imagined that the filter would be near the seat cover. So I'll remove the cover and look inside. I don't know if the filter is like a foam or like a paper, but I prefer sponge because I think it's more easy to clean.

If I don't find it I will reply here with photos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
BurgmanAL12 said:
I've never made anything related with mechanics. At the moment, my burgman is consuming more fuel than usual. A friend of mine has recommended to clean the air filter, but I don't know where it's. I've a Suzuki Burgman UH125, like this one:



Where can I access to the air filter? How you recommend to clean it?
These things.....HAVE air filters.?????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Duster said:
Do what Buffalo said...if it is foam, DO NOT squeeze it up
like a sponge if it seems stiff..it may crumble in tour hand.
For me...after mine is washed & dried..I put it between
paper towels to get most of the water out, then use a
hair dryer to get it dry.
Then I put it in a plastic sandwich baggie, squirt a bit of
motor oil on the filter, & then sort of smush the oil around
inside the baggie until the filter is well coated.
If it is too wet with oil when you are done, lay it between
some paper towels & pat it a bit, just enough so it's not
dripping oil.....then put it back in the plastic filter housing,
& put that back into the air cleaner housing. Now you're done.
I've remove the seat cover to look inside to find the air filter. But it's not necessary. The air filter is just here:


About the oil, I've used a little bit but I think it's not enough because I've use a paintbrush and I've submerged the paintbrush into a little bit of oil and then I've "painted" the filter. Around I've put a good amount of oil, but not in the middle. So... you recommend to me to put more oil? I've used car's oil because it was the only I had at the moment. I wasn't sure if using too much oil (without dripping) was safe for the filter. I though if I used the amount you say the air would has more problems to pass through the filter.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,516 Posts
Hmmmmm....learned something.....
if the Air Filter on a 125cc is in a housing in the red box indicated,
then I take back everything I've said about air filter servicing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
nah that is an air filter but it will be for the CVT- so do not put oil on THAT filter perleese. :wink:

The engine filter will sit on top of the engine like the 400s.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,516 Posts
NormanB said:
nah that is an air filter but it will be for the CVT- so do not put oil on THAT filter perleese. :wink:
The engine filter will sit on top of the engine like the 400s.
Thanks Norm...I stand corrected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some burgmans have 2 air filters¿?¿?
i removed the seat partially and I didn't see anything similar to an air filter. And now you say that I should not put oil in that CVT air filter¿?¿?
I saw that the filter had some oil around and inn a part of the sponge before cleaning it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Duster said:
Hmmmmm....learned something.....
if the Air Filter on a 125cc is in a housing in the red box indicated,
then I take back everything I've said about air filter servicing.
SEE.......!!!!!!! I told ya that these things do not have air filters..............Hahahahahahahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
v8eyedoc said:
Duster said:
Hmmmmm....learned something.....
if the Air Filter on a 125cc is in a housing in the red box indicated,
then I take back everything I've said about air filter servicing.
SEE.......!!!!!!! I told ya that these things do not have air filters..............Hahahahahahahaha

I didn't knew that some motorbikes don't have air filters. I thought that even the most simplest motorbike has one. So, the air filter I washed is the air filter of the CVT? I remember that in one motorbike check the owner of the garage told me that he had cleaner the air filter. :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
"I didn't knew that some motorbikes don't have air filters. I thought that even the most simplest motorbike has one. So, the air filter I washed is the air filter of the CVT? I remember that in one motorbike check the owner of the garage told me that he had cleaner the air filter. "

Sorry but I did not want to mislead you.........Any motor that sucks in air...HAS AN AIR FILTER.........!!!! Somewhere..
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top