Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and you'd know it sucks :p ....Peter Peter pumpkin eater - adnausium... :?

Ahh - just to have a name like "Norm"....one could only wish! Is that short for "Normal?" :twisted: In your case Norm - I doubt it! You twisted....*****!! 8)

But better than some other names tho....but I got back at myself by selecting the confirmation name of "Dameon." 8) Oh no! I've divulged that someone sprinkled water on me and slotted me into pergatory at what? 1 month old???? :oops:

My kids? I made sure (as best I could) that they wouldn't have to go through the same BS that I had to.

I asked my Mom if I could be called "Steve" when I was about 8.

Justa thought about names.... :lol:

Oh geese - i can hear it now...whaddaya call a guy with no arms and no legs sitting in the.... :D

Pete

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sure sounds good Pete until every bloody time you walk in for a cold one the whole place erupts in the chorus "NORM"!

As for me, when I worked for the telephone company in a very small remote area I was nick-named Ding-a-Ling Dave! Everybody in town had a nick-name except for Harry Dick(!)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't Feel Bad

I had a friend named Curtis Lipps. His nickname was, of course....you guessed it......Dick! I always wondered why he did not change his name. I was not pleased with my Polish surname, grew up getting in fights over it. (Anti-Hunky prejudice was heavy in the midwest in the '60's.) Anyway, I took my wife's surname when we wed, went much better after that.

Frank

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Pete

You not happy with your name?

Surely not. Nothing wrong with Pete as a name.

:)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Nothing wrong with Pete...

Nothing wrong with the name Pete...I would have killed for a normal name!

Try going through life with the name DEDE! I go by Dee however my given name is DEDE ANNE Moore. I was born in the early 60's...guess putting my name in all caps was some anti-establishment thing or something.

Anyhow, I was called Dinty Moore...Dede Amin Sadat...Doodles...Deedles and much worse! Plus I can't tell you how many people in my lifetime have asked (and STILL ask) what Dee/Dede is short for...

My husbands name is Jack and his sisters name is Jill....I almost didn't get a second date because I was laughing so hard...didn't think anyone would do THAT to their kids. :oops: I get along just fine with my mother in law now though! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts