Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slime model/part 40020 - walmart store - less than 10 bucks. amazon.com has reviews. i am gonna keep it because it is slighter larger than a wallet (awesome for storing with 400),has screw on hose (love that for rear suzuki tire) but hose is too short but still able to connect it to my rear tire and in 3 minutes pressure went from 33 to 41 lbs).It is so compact that maybe I will even carry a second - haha!

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
To be sure it does what you want it to do you best try it out at home where you have another air compressor. It may take a week to pump up a flat tire.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chet - read my post again!!!!!!!!!! I already tried it on the back tire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I followed directions and did not have my 400 engine running so if u guys think it is ok to run the engine while using it (directions say to have the engine off 4 some reason), it might work even a little faster.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Chet_Benson said:
To be sure it does what you want it to do you best try it out at home where you have another air compressor. It may take a week to pump up a flat tire.
+1 Works OK for bicycle tires and lawn mower tires. I could never get it past 20lbs of pressure on car/bike tire after running for a long time. Mine got VERY hot too. :(

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try it 2 more times at home just to make sure it works as good as the first time but the first time was great for such a small/compact inflator. ( I just tried it a second time and it took my 15 inch trike tire from 20 to 30 pounds in 3 minutes)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
and in 3 minutes pressure went from 33 to 41 lbs)

Tom
I was thinking IF the tire was very flat, like no air or 5 psi and you had to repair and inflate the tire. Will it work than? The reason I ask is I read what the maker said, it is make for topping off the air pressure not repairing a flat.

I could never get it past 20lbs of pressure on car/bike tire after running for a long time

Keith if it would get you 20 psi that would be good enough to get you home.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chet - i do not see y it would not work on a flat tire. Of course it wont do it FAST but that is the tradeoff for such a compact unit, irregardless of its low price. If u do buy it, let me know how/if u like it. By the way, they also had a digital pump for about 28 dollars with the screw on connector also. I bought one of them today and will check it out. It has a 2 foot long hose instead of the 3 inch one and also auto shut off,etc. I still love the size of the 10 dollar unit though - it being perfect to stow away without hardly taking any space up. U could even keep it in the glove box.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re the MiniFootPump sold by Twisted Throttle. I had one although I don't think that I bought it from TT. It was pretty much junk - it broke apart the first time that I tried to use it. I would not recommend that product - it is very flimsy.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
I got the scrap parts around some where for the foot pump mine fell apart too. I do like the idea of getting the right pressure while checking the pressure. Hope it works good. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts