Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has bothered me for a long time. Every topbox I have ever seen on a Burgman (or any scooter) has an opening which is roughly parallel to the ground.

Sure, this makes sense, but wouldn't it look better if it was angled along the lines of the side panels, such that the upward line continues through the topbox?

Am I being clear enough in describing this, or should I draw a picture? I can sort of do it in text:

HTML:
<pre>
_
 \  <-- lines (exaggerated) of a typical bike with trunk

\  <-- without it

\
 \ <-- Trunk with an angled opening
</pre>
Does such a thing exist? What do you think, is it silly?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dude, this is the first post I see it could have been fitting in the bbs pre vga era

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I see two problems with your idea.
1) There is very little clearance for the trunk to open already, so inclining the top forward would possibly cause a problem.

2) If you have a passenger then the built in backrest is now inclined and could be very uncomfortable after a short period.

Maybe it does look a little odd at first glance being level with the ground, but I don't pay any attention to it anymore.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see two problems with your idea.
1) There is very little clearance for the trunk to open already, so inclining the top forward would possibly cause a problem.

2) If you have a passenger then the built in backrest is now inclined and could be very uncomfortable after a short period.
I don't think you fully get it. I'm not talking about tilting the existing trunks; I mean a new design, where a trunk mounts just like they do now, but the visual line is in line with the seat et c.

It might be best if such a trunk had the hinges on the back.
Maybe it does look a little odd at first glance being level with the ground, but I don't pay any attention to it anymore.
Yes, it is just a minor aesthetics issue. But designers are supposed to be attentive to such things. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts