Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No biggee, and the trunk light helps, but it's just awfully dark in that trunk.

That black color makes everything blend in and I have to reallly look hard to see anything. Of course, the terribly bright Arizona sun is blinding these days (sorry to rub it in to all you cool-weather folks) so maybe that's part of the problem... :lol:

I'm thinking about taping the edges and painting the inside of the trunk all white or tan or something...or lining it with something much lighter.

What's everyone else think? Am I nuts... :?:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Trunk is scary

Bobbi... The easiest solution would be to line the trunk with a thin light colored carpet. I have some grey carpet that is the same used in car trunks. I'll be using a piece of that in the Givi bags. Other stuff would be that shelf liner for RV's it comes in a cream color.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have one of those penlights that clips to my shirt pocket (2 AA cells)
for a closer look at my stuff in there.

Otherwise, I keep the trunk light off in case of possible thievery.

·
Registered
969 Posts
flintbobbi said:
What's everyone else think? Am I nuts... :?:
I think probably yes.

Glad I could help.

:wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
What's everyone else think? Am I nuts...
Nuts,
not at all,
why not just open it in the sun light only
Or better yet only put light color objects in the trunk :lol:

(sorry I just could not resist )

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gee, uh, thanks.

Geez, uh, ok y'all. Why didn't I think of that.... :idea:

Of course I REALLY have to search to find much sunlight here in dreary, cloudy, Phoenix Arizona..... :?

Where you can ride your Burgman, oh, about 365 days a year without any problem whatsoever.

I just ordered some Frog Toggs rain gear. I really hope one day to actually try them out. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Steve, you can remove the seat riser/stock and it will let you open the seat further. I remove mine for the reason you stated.

It is not a solution to what Suzuki should do, but it works.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thought I came up with a good solution to the problem, but after wiring it up to the Burgman's electric system, I've blown thirty fuses. Can't figure out why.

- Tom

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Obvious-

The Burgman has a metric electrical system and you hooked up a non metric light bulb. You need a metric to standard electric inversion unit.
Go to Radio Shack and ask the clerk to find you one.

Or you need to find a metric light fixture. Go to WalMart and ask that clerk to find you one.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you'll have to stand on the right side of the Burgman to install it, so be sure to use a left-handed wrench as well.

(Many years ago, my father had my sister ask for a left-handed monkey wrench at the local parts store - where they knew my Dad quite well. They sold her one. I guess the joke was on my Dad.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: gee, uh, thanks.

flintbobbi said:
I just ordered some Frog Toggs rain gear. I really hope one day to actually try them out. Oh well.
Don't you have a shower in your house?

·
Registered
101 Posts
How about wiring in a couple of low-wattage LED lights and placing them on the other sides of the trunk?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The problem is not the trunk itself, but more that everything you put in it is black. I'm the same way.....Black gloves, black helmet, black everything.

So put some reflective stripes on all that. Otherwise you'll need to change from a dark colors to either white or yellow.

You might also have your eyes checked for cataracts. If you are 50 or older it's a good possiblity. Clouded lenses make it harder for the little light there is to be seen and discerned.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
K8KQD said:
How about wiring in a couple of low-wattage LED lights and placing them on the other sides of the trunk?
Good idea. I also keep a small flashlight in one of the glove boxes on the scooter- comes in handy for lighting the trunk, and such. It's a cheepie one, so if I lose it or it gets stolen, no biggie.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I somehow got a huge sheet of 1/8" white foam. I cut it roughly to size and placed it in the truck. I don't even use the trunk light it's so bright in there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I kind of stole this idea from Techartguy I suppose, but how about going to your nearest auto parts store and getting a can of fabric dye? I know it comes in light gray because I've been looking for some silver and that's as close as I've seen. The rug/pad in the bottom of the truck has 2 plastic clips that hold it in. Take the rug out and give it several light coats of gray and it should make the trunk a lot lighter inside.

Don't try lighter fluid, I tried it and it didn't work at all. :lol:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
That's because you didn't use white lighter fluid, you used the clear stuff.
Duh..

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Re: gee, uh, thanks.

flintbobbi said:
Geez, uh, ok y'all. Why didn't I think of that.... :idea:

Of course I REALLY have to search to find much sunlight here in dreary, cloudy, Phoenix Arizona..... :?

Where you can ride your Burgman, oh, about 365 days a year without any problem whatsoever.

Come to Seattle where it rains 364 days a year -- and you can ride the sunny day without any problem whatsoever! I got my Frogg Toggs yesterday. Price was $49 total.

By the way, if you come to Seattle, it'll help you find things in your trunk. The semi-darkness in the land of almost perpetual gray (rain clouds), helps the eyes adjust to the darkness of the black trunk just fine. On that one day a year when the sun comes out, we all go around hiding indoors and asking each other what the bright light is outside.

Chris

1 - 20 of 27 Posts