Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm having problems opening the trunk for some reason. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I press the ignition in and sometimes it opens but most of the time is does'nt.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The latch is held tight by the seat and your effort isn't enough to release it yourself. Try pushing or hitting down with a closed fist on the rear of the seat as you turn the key. Once you have it open lubricate the trunk latch, maybe with some graphite lubricant.

It's also possible that you've got some slack int the cable that connects the ignition stalk with the seat latch. You might have your dealer service center check this for you.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
My seat latch is sticking. I just "push" down on the rear edge of the seat before I turn the key.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I followed instructions, found elsewhere in the forum, to install a hidden release cable on both of our 650s. They work great! They make it possible to open the trunk if it gets stuck, as in too much stuff pushing up on the seat, as well as when you don't have your key handy.

The only thing I modified is that I used a piece of shrink tubing to cushion the loop. It is much gentler on my delicate pinkies :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that hidden release cable idea as long as im the only one who knows about it.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
CJM said:
I like that hidden release cable idea as long as im the only one who knows about it.
Ummm, yeah. Forget I mentioned it :oops:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I used to have quite a bit of trouble with my '03 650 seat not wanting to unlatch all the time, so I resorted to the "hit the seat with your fist" method (which always worked). I tried lubricating the latch, but to no avail. :(

Now since my ignition module has been replaced a few weeks ago under the new recall order, the seat always unlatches properly. Go figure! :shock:

Two problems fixed at one time. Thank you Suzuki! 8)

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you disassemble the rear pillion assembly you might find that your opener cable is snagged or otherwise pressured such that the cable inside doesn't slide freely. I ran into this when I took the rear pillion stuff apart and reassembled and inadvertently pinched the latch release cable. Adjusting its path made it work slicker than a slimy doorknob.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I have found the tension the seat has on the latch makes me not care much for putting undo pressure on my key. For that reason (as well as if having a helmet or other item(s) pushing up on the seat) I 'gently' but firmly (versus 'hitting with a closed fist') push down on the rearmost portion of the seat and the seatlatch release is much easier (for me).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts