Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever tried successfully , to remove the glued on imitation felt inside the under the seat trunk ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mine is coming out. Think the adhesive isn't holding... Wonder if spray on bed liner would work? Interested in reading responses...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It's sprayed-on flocking.

Just what is flocking?
Flocking is the application of millions of tiny fibers onto an adhesive coated surface to create a velvet-like texture. Think of the fuzzy feel on the inside of a jewelry box or automobile glove compartment - that’s flocking! Flocking has many decorative and functional applications

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
That's quite flocking interesting.;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Can one get it in a spray can? Where would one go to get reflocked under their seat? How much would it cost?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no desire to get RE-FLOCKED , not to say I have any thing against a good FLOCKING from time to time , but I would prefer my trunk was FLOCKLESS !

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I wouldn't bet on finding a solvent that only dissolves the flocking glue and not the basic trunk material. So you'll have to grind it off wit sand paper.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You could email the flocking company and ask if they could suggest a solvent to get the flock out of your trunk.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
another difference between a Harley and a Burgman:

the word 'flocking' will never appear in an HD User Forum.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I was going to spray the inside of trunk with 3M's bed liner when I had the scoot apart.

I tried it on a small plastic box to see how it came out and decided against it. The felt despite its shortcomings has some advantages in terms of keeping items in place and making the inside of the trunk somewhat slip resistant.

I mounted the the sprayed box inside my top box and did a few test runs, it was very slippery and its content got tossed around very harshly at speed in stop and go traffic.

I have now come to like the felt like material inside the trunk. I vaccum it once a month and give it a light sponge bath to keep it clean.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It would surely add a touch of luxury to the top box if the inside was flocked.

Likewise the glove compartments.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts