Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say just how do you get the trouble codes out of the burgy? i noticed 2 plug in the battery area, are these the service ports and do they work like cars where you short them with a jumper to get the dash lite to flash the codes? where on the internet are these codes listed?

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Did anyone ever determine which 2 need to be shorted ?

If someone bought the tool, perhaps a pic of which 2 pins it connects to could be posted.

I don't mind spending the $14 but I need to get to the codes now, not a week from now when the switch might show up in the mail.

Any help will be apprcieated.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I can't help with what 2 wires need jumping . The mode selector switch shown in the parts list of the service manual is only an artists conception.

However I can help with the codes list. I just scanned and put 2 lists in my photo gallery under a new album along with the service schedule.http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/album67

Just click on the desired list and click a 2nd time for a zoomed in easier reading copy.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was wondering if it is the same dealer switch for the 400 and 650?? $14 is real cheap! Maybe I'll order one.

Once you get the codes (fault indicator) your are still going to need further information. Like if the coolant temperature sensor is giving a fault code then the testing procedure of this sensor is needed. There are resistance or voltage output ranges that you need to know during testing the unit. The service manual documents these procedures very well. So you will need the manual as well or at least someone here will pass on the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts