Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just rode up to Norwalk, Conn from Columbia, MD and back this weekend. It was 798 miles total. The Burgman 650 did great. I got about 55 miles to the gallon. And that is including sitting in traffic in Del, NJ, NY and Connecticut. There is a whole bunch of traffic up there. And I thought the Baltimore - DC area was bad. This is a piece of cake. One of my friends on the ride was stopped by a NJ Highway Patrolman at a rest stop and asked about my Burgman. He told him I was certainly able to keep up with all those Gold Wings and hit some speeds over 80, but of course not in NJ. Yah right! Anyway, the guys and gals I rode with are very impressed with the scooter. After inching our way on the Cross Bronx X-Way for over an hour, they all wished they had an automatic.

BTW, if anyone in MD, Del, NJ, NY, etc. questioned the E-Z Pass, don't. They are great. We blew past the tolls in no time, once we got to them. I don't know if they are in other states yet, but they are worth it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sorry you had to sit on the Cross Bronx X-Way, we New Jersey and New Yorkers know to stay away from the Cross Bronx parking lot it is always bad even at midnight. I always try to stay away from any roads that trucks are on even if it takes me longer just much better roads to ride witout them trucks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Next time you are going to ride through NJ let us know! We coulda joined up with you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts