Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put well over 12,000 miles on my Trinity Trike (one of the first) and it has been very satisfying and learning experience. Over the past couple months I've had a light clunk when making speed/slowing down. In the past day I've changed my drive chain (an original china chain) which had stretched quite a bit. Well, it made it better, but still made some noise. I then disassembled the front axle, thinking a bolt(s) may have worked lose. I messed with this area a bit and as I was putting it back together, put my hand on the differential and it made the clunk. Thought it about it over night and this morning I put the grease fittings in their up-most position and put about 7 pumps in each fitting and let it stand for a couple hours. I just took it out and the noise was gone! Makes me feel good again and want to make a long trip soon. Will replace my front tire at 13000 miles with a Metzler next week.

I still love my conversion. Would recommend that all riders put a little bit of grease in their differential at maybe 5-10K miles (or at the first "clunk{" they hear. This should be added to the recommended maintenance schedule.I don't know if all the units have the Zerk fitting. If not they are easy to install.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts