Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Nelson Rigg CL 850 saddlebags and I have a question. Did anyone feel they had to trim the foam on the bottom of the bag to keep it from getting to close to the tail pipe or is it not a problem for anyone? I want to keep the straps under the seat opposed to over the seat so I can get into the trunk. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
No, have same saddlebag many year, work fine, always leave 2.5mm to 4mm space between bottom and exhaust.

That 1 to 1.5 inch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for replying. I will try them out tomorrow and see how they work and hope the foam part doesn't get too hot and start a fire. I just want to keep the straps on the inside so I can always get my bag from the boot when we make stops.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I've not put mine on my 650 yet, but no issues whatsoever on my 400s

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I've had them on both my 400 and my 650. no problem at all on the 400, but securing the lower, forward edge of the bags on the 650 proved to be a bit of a trick. I ran a cable around the forward seat support to provide attachment points. I was a little concerned about the bags catching the wind. No problem with the cable, and I just left the cable sitting under the seat for the next time I use the bags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts