Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Swedish Army being Swedish Army riding on ice like nutcases :)
I think they are on Husqvarna 258’s, fitted with skis used from ‘80s on. Close view at around 0.40

A friend ran an anti aircraft unit living under the snow in deep forest for months - had interesting stories :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually it's a tandem axle motor scooter. Looks like both rear axles have power too. It would have to or you would get stuck going through a ditch. Not sure what application it would have, but a fun exercise in Engineering and fabrication as well as a real head turner.

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Actually it's a tandem axle motor scooter. Looks like both rear axles have power too...
Not sure what application it would have...
I think the OP was going for humour...but “in-line trike” would also work.

The idea of the tandem driving wheels is for rough ground and and increased carrying capacity.They help reduce tipping over backwards and to keep you level (because the rear ride height is the average of both wheels). It’s also easier for the front wheel to ride over obstructions.
(I‘ve not actually ridden one but had to study unorthodox layouts waaaay back in design training)

·
Registered
83 Posts
That thing is pretty awesome. Would be so great for back country off road camping trips...like way down some of the logging roads in Maine. Probably can carry quite a load of gear. Wouldn't go $3k for one, but it's pretty cool.

·
Administrator
22,070 Posts
Reactions: Steveooo and JRoss

·
Registered
540 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts