Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They did not want to do it at all.
First they really low balled me on the trade-in.
I have a Yamaha V-star tourer from 2009 with only 4000 miles and about 2 grand worth of chrome and accessories (trunk, engine guards, fender tips, batwing fairing, Cobra fuel processor, Baron's Intake kit, aftermarket full exhaust, Stebel air horn, driving lights and HID upgrade on the headlight.)
I had checked the Nada Guide and the Kelly Blue book. A reasonable quote is usually in between those two values (I have seen it before).
How much they offered? $4000. Kelly claims around $4780, for a bile with about 17,000 miles...According to NADA, the retail value of my bike is $8600

Second, they wanted $11220 for a 2013 Out of the Door. When I told them that I would not take it and got up, they started the song and dance: "I'll check with my manager" , "I'll see what I can do" etc. etc.
Finally, they claim that Suzuki has not started shipping any 2013 Burgman 650 yet, and they do not expect one in for a while, perhaps even June. Sound reasonable, if it wasn't for the fact that, on Cycle Trader, there are several 2013 Burgman 650 on sale right now. With prices.
Looks like I'll need to re-examine my decision a bit.

Bummed in KY
Marco

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
You may be jumping the gun a bit. I have called a few places and also from the postings on here, no new Burgmans are in the store. I can't imagine anyone giving a great deal on a vehicle that has not arrived yet. Besides that, they will try and screw you good no matter what you do....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been ready for the 2013 for a couple of months now and still no one has one yet. I called Suzuki corp. and they said March availablity. No price yet. I did give a $1000 deposit on one and have been waiting. I hope the 13 will fit me as good as 06 I just sold.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Myself and two friends are buying new 650s this year, our current bikes have 60,000 mi.+ with rebuilt CVTs.

I took a trip to the dealer and talked to my sales guy.
I told him we wanted to buy 3 bikes today..." how much are they"?
"We don't have a price yet."
"Well obviously we can't buy if we don't have a price".

I told him about the bikes on Cycletrader, he said "those are 2012's no matter what they say.
They're using the ol' bait and switch". Because Suzuki hasn't released the price." He looked it up in his book and it says price is TBA.
The Sales Mgr. called Suzuki and they won't release the price, who ever he spoke to at Suzuki did say they should hit dealerships in April (I had heard here and from other dealers that it may not be until June with a redesign)... He also said they stagger the release from (west to east coast) over a few days so that dealers get the bikes within a day or two of each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts