Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I'm back and driving my K6, 650 as my daily commute vehicle, I'm wondering what I need to carry with me and what others carry...

Under the seat, I have Frog Togs, a plastic bag with my insurance, registration, owner's manual, etc... What else would be recommended? I've carried a roll of toilet paper in the past because you never know... What else? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Depends on the ride day. For commuting, not much more than what you listed. I like to keep the trunk available for shopping.

But for weekend outings, I keep a ride bag with everything from tire repair kit to blood clotting bandages. It takes up half the trunk, but it's got just about everything you'd need in an emergency.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
An extra pair of socks will come in handy a lot more often than you'd think...

Basic tools (screwdriver, needle-nosed pliers, tiny air compressor) are a good idea too. Even if you don't know how to use them, someone else might.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a small nylon bag with a rain gear top (pants are waterproof), a tire plugging kit, and a small compressor. That takes about a quarter of the trunk space, leaving enough for my regular day bag (for lunch, e-reader, etc). I usually have a multi-tool, lighter, and flashlight with me, so I've got those angles covered as well. I think the tire plugger is a good thing to have, give that the wait for a tow truck is usually 30 - 45 minutes during rush hour. I can repair and reinflate a tire in 15 minutes or so (if the tire is repairable). I do my own tire changes, so if I can get home I can get things fixed.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thoughts! Quite helpful!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Being a neighbor you should know that you never leave the house in Texas without water!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Water! Of course!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Aspirin or ibuprofen might be a good idea as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts