Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there is any kind of networking done by members of this forum for the purpose of offering accommodations to fellow riders when on the road?

Hey, I'm glad I asked. As a matter of fact, members can access a Travel Stops map which includes locations of members who are offering up their homes as free overnight stops and, what amenities they offer such as bed, camping area, meals, tools, etc. It also has road comments and recommended sites to see.

To access, go to the On The Road forum and enter the BUSA Travel Stops Map sub-forum. In the first post, you'll find a link to the map which, members can view and, if they have a Google account, edit. With edit capability, they can enter the information they want to share with others.

If someone wants to enter information but, doesn't have or want to get a Google account or, simply can't figure the site out, PM me and I'll enter it for you.

Scott, AKA Scooter Maniac

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd add my place, but I don't know how.
Here are some detailed instructions. Like my previous post stated, PM me if you would like me to do it:

Click on the BurgmanUSA.com "Forums" tab;
Scroll down to the "On The Road" forum section;
Click on the BUSA Travel Stops thread;
Scroll to the original post, the one by "admin" & click on it;
Click on the map link, where it says, "click here".

(This should take you to the map. On the left should be a box which, includes a list of the three layers (BUSA Travel Stops, Recommended Places and, Road/Route comments). The one(s) with checkmarks are "active". The checkmarks toggle on and off.)

Turn off all except the layer you want to add info to. There are two ways to specify a point on the map and add information to it.

1) Zoom in on the map to clearly see the place you want to mark;
Click on the balloon-shaped marker in the toolbar and click on the place you are marking. A marker will be inserted and a box appears;
Add a title and any descriptive information/pictures you want;
Hit "Save" at the bottom of the box, and you're done!

OR,
2) Enter an address or place name in the search box, and a list of "hits" should appear;
Click on the one you want. A marker will be inserted on the map;
Click on the marker;
Click on "Add to map";
Click on the marker again and a box will appear (Not only when editing but, this happens also in viewing mode);
Click on the edit symbol (pencil) at the bottom of the box and change as you desire;
Click on "Save" and again, you're done!

Right click a saved point and hit "Delete" to remove it.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
A friend of mine (a Brit) cycled New York to San Francisco last year and Florida to California this year. Mostly couch surfing that way and staying with other cyclists he met along the way who stopped to ask what he was up to, including a local sheriff - the statement of "you can't stay here" was a bit of a worry until it was backed up with "you gotta come and stay with us" :)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Added to the map under the sign of wrench ;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, TechArtGuy. Let's keep 'em coming!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts