Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Scooteresses and Scooters,
Great site you have here.I'm Tom , and live about 40 min north of D-troit. I've lived here about a year now.

I'm one of those who started with one of those " mini-bikes" back in the '60s.....( not on the road of course) From that to a little honda 90cc , then a 750-4 honda, then a "95 Helix I bought new, then in 2000 a new Goldwing.

I have to say, the GW was great ( yes I sold it) But it was the Helix that was the most practical, and fun. If I had the time it takes for long tours around the country, I may have kept it. I realized that the Helix had fit my needs almost perfectly. Unfortunately it was stolen.

I have the honor and privilage to work for a wonderful institution that trains Leader Dogs for blind and deaf-blind people. Great staff, great dogs, 110% job satisfaction. If there are any Lion's Club members out there in scooterland, we all thank you at LD for your support.

Now, I'm seriously considering getting either a Burgman 400 ( wish I could get the 650) or the 2005 Yamaha Majesty 400. I've learned so much on this site that I feel I could get the burg 400 with confidence. I do like some of the features on the Yamaha that are worth checking out. I'll keep you all informed and if I do get the Yamaha, will give you some feed back.... Thanks everyone for a great site.. Tom

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Tom,

Glad to have you on BurgmanUSA! Hopefully you'll buy a Burgman and enjoy it with us. But if you do choose the Yamaha, we would certainly be interested in your feedback on it. I'm glad Yamaha has finally decided to enter the scooter market in the USA. Each new choice will lure more people into scootering - and that's good for all of us.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum.....no matter what you ride :wink:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I suspect the Yammie will be a pretty nice ride - love the name. (After all - Burgman?!?) If you decide on it, by all means don't run away from here. Scooteristas, Unite! 8)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum, it's the best on Burgman and scooters in general. After several years without 2 wheel transport, bought a 400 Burgman. I am thrilled, ride a lot, though it's 110 in Vegas now. Many years on bikes, first big scooter and I'll never go back to a motorcycle. I'll take this anywhere.
Hope you join us and if you do a Yamaha, let us know about it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hello Tom and welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts