Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My burgman is model 2004 650cc i had a problem today it doesn’t shift at all , suddenly when I add power the rpm increases dramatically till 6000 and the scooter doesn’t automatically shift , also give me a red F1 as well as F1 digitally replaced the ODM flashing
I was far away from home so I reverted to manual mode an it was very hard to shift and the max numbers i got on the screen was the virtual number 4 as a transmission gear and gave me max speed of 50 km/h
I feel it’s a control problem as long as i just replaces the complete CVT with a new rebuild one and it was running perfect 👌 and I reached a speed of 180 KM/H just few days ago i also hear a low sound of clicks under the steering mechanism and it’s look like a spark leakage, by the way F1 disappears just when i put the emergence shut down red bottom on and off or use the key to shut it down and restart,,, any ideas what happens, I am very disappointed and appreciate your help

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
A stuck center stand switch would not cause an FI indicator. You need to put the computer in dealer mode and find out what the "C" code is. Because of the FI indicator the ECM is probably going into fail safe mode and that is inhibiting shifting.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
789 Posts
If its a gearing issue I would be checking the CVT sensors the stopper bolt and the Primary pulley bolt as it may have come undone.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
If you find out what the "C" error code is it will point you to what you should be looking at first.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My burgman is model 2004 650cc i had a problem today it doesn’t shift at all , suddenly when I add power the rpm increases dramatically till 6000 and the scooter doesn’t automatically shift , also give me a red F1 as well as F1 digitally replaced the ODM flashing
I was far away from home so I reverted to manual mode an it was very hard to shift and the max numbers i got on the screen was the virtual number 4 as a transmission gear and gave me max speed of 50 km/h
I feel it’s a control problem as long as i just replaces the complete CVT with a new rebuild one and it was running perfect 👌 and I reached a speed of 180 KM/H just few days ago i also hear a low sound of clicks under the steering mechanism and it’s look like a spark leakage, by the way F1 disappears just when i put the emergence shut down red bottom on and off or use the key to shut it down and restart,,, any ideas what happens, I am very disappointed and appreciate your help
Gentlemen finally I found the reason
It’s the electric shifting motor which is installed on the CVT
Change it and the scooter get back to normal immediately

1 - 7 of 7 Posts