Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! ! There is a problem continuously bother me when i riding my 650 (WITH 5000km MILELAGE), When I crusing at low speed(5~20km/h) there is a metal noise coming out of trans .Any one else has this kind of problem too? How to make it go away? ? thanks please give me some advice....

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Bonny,

Welcome to the forum. I haven't heard a noise like that, but I rarely ride that slow. There is that "diesel noise" at idle of course - kind of a gear slap. But that should disappear as soon as you get underway. At 5 mph though, your clutch would normally be disengaged - and the diesel noise would start. There is also some gear whine at all speeds, which is normal. You don't hear it as much at higher speeds because the wind & engine noise kind of block it out. Other than those two "normal" sounds, I can't imagine what you are hearing.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hi Bonny,
Welcome.

I think we need a bit more information. You say you are cruising at 5 - 20 km/h. Is that correct? May I ask how you cruise at that speed if this is correct? Are you on the gas? Are you riding the break while engaging the gas in order to maintain the low velocity momentum?

Can you be more specific about where on the bike you hear the noise? Front? Middle or back? Left or right side? (Port or starboard for us waterducks in Pacific NW).

Do you hear the noise at any other times? Does it sound metallic or like a squeal?

We will be glad to help if we can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Situation is during 0~100km/h acceleration I can specificly hear squeal sound form rear right side and right side(squeal sound occurs only at 0-20km/h). I try to put on my front brake( very hard brake with front disc lock) then try to accerlate again (Approximately 2000rpm ~ 3000rpm) that squeal sound would coming out again. Sound like put two metal sheet continuously knocking on each other... I have exam all screws on my bike and relocking them up But the problem still exist.. Ps- better ideas to slove it .. Thank everyone, I need your help. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Bonny

WELCOME to the forum :wave:

You have an easily repeatable fault here - so my advice - take it to the dealer pronto!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Is your bike new? How many miles?
Do you leave your bike outside at night (ie., is there dew all over bike)?

Some have experienced problems to a varying degree under a variety of actions. But, there noises were usually very sporadic. There have so far, on this forum, only been a few cases where the belt was .. not up to snuff.

I agree with Norman, if your bike makes that noise on a pretty regular occasion, seek immediate medical attention for that little baby. Better to be safe than sorry.... and to have it documented should your bike still be under warranty. It sounds serious.

Good luck and do let us know how it all turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts