Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A medium note - airing 10pm ET, 9PM CT. Looks really funny to me - but then again I have a soft spot for modular homes! My ol "Shimmy Shack" dbl wide didn't make it through Ivan - it looked OK but it developed serious leaks - which is a death nell to sumpthin like that - oooo goodbye garden tub and master floppin BR that went from here to heck and back! :wink:

It's a spoof (I think) on all of these "trading places" type of shows (ick - btw) on the various channels that they are. Looks like fun! I wish they'da gotten 'hold of my old 1600sf dbl wide before i sold it! :D

MTV - 10pm ET 2night. Who knows? :) It might stink! But it might be **** funny. It's a young mindset thing so - if youre an ol kermudgen you may dissapprove. :?

Long live black beaks and double wides!

Sammy Kershaw - "So I made her the Queen of my double-wide trailer with the polyester curtains and the redwoooood deeeck!..."

LOL y'all!!! :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Sammy

I LOVE that song! Saw him in concert. Excellent.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I would love to understand Pete's post - anyone care to hold m hand thro' it?

Trailer home...

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
norm - it was a premier 30 minute TV show that aired last night where a bunch of tradesmen and women went to a mobile home community and did a remake of a singlewide mobile home. it might just be that its a U.S. thing..I don't know how many mobile home communities there are in the U.K. - i had a mobile home and there are many ppl who scoff at that sort of living arrangement - but many times its all the owner can afford or it is exactly what they want - either way - its just humor.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Okay - got it. :wink:

Yeah we have those homes here too - and other folks tend to look down their noses at those who choose to live in them, for reasons unknown to me.

They are probably not as popular here as the US.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I recently read an article in USA Today that reported a mobile home in Malibu, California being sold for 1.3 million dollars. They mentioned another (also in Malibu) that had also sold for over a million dollars. These were single wide mobile homes that were set up in a nicely landscaped mobile home park. The price did not include ownership of the land (lot) that the home was set up on. Apparently some people will pay that to get an address in Malibu.... So, it kind of depends where the mobile home is situated. :shock:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Yes, well...

Kelly, manufactured homes, mobile homes and trailers are all together different breeds. I have seen some awesome manufactured homes, some nice mobile homes but trailers are....well...um, sheesh Trash dumps!

(This is tongue in cheek folks!)

Seriously, it is all in what you make it. I have friends with singles and doublewides that look better than some houses. Then you have the "trailer trash".

In my book manufactured homes are not mobile so are really in a class by themselves.

My "expert" opinion... :lol:

BTW - great site...the pictures of homes in the snow made me homesick for a second or two!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Did I spot a forum member?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts