Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Burgman Exec Matte Black
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 BMW C650GT. Bought it sight unseen. A risk, I know. But there was none to be found for a test ride anywhere near. I've ridden it now for almost 600 miles, and I've decided I prefer the Burgman. Sigh.

I'm ready to move back to the Burgman again, and would trade with anyone that has one similar enough for a title swap. That way neither of us take too big a financial hit.

The Beemer is Ocean Blue Metallic Matte, has the Highline Package (htd grips/seats and tpms). Also, a VStream Sport/Tour Windshield.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I believe the engine is made by kymco for their maxi scooter. nice scooter

I remember the c1 200cc years ago with the roof and seat belt . pretty nice scooter for the time. shame they didnt continue it with larger displacements. otoh they were asking a crazy price for a 200cc and you could get a burgman 400 for the price. and it was just as expensive to maintain.
bmw bikes are on a high level.

kymco made the 300cc downtown rebadged j300 for kawasaki as well.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Rolling Stone could you do a little write up in a separate thread comparing the BMW to the Burgman 650? It’s very reassuring to us Burgman owners to hear from someone that upgraded to the Premium German Brand but still prefer the Humble Burgman.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rolling Stone could you do a little write up in a separate thread comparing the BMW to the Burgman 650? It’s very reassuring to us Burgman owners to hear from someone that upgraded to the Premium German Brand but still prefer the Humble Burgman.
Yes. After I've sold it! Soon, though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Interesting ....

I've owned '16 and '17 BMW C 650 GT's and enjoyed them. Still own a GIVI screen and the Service Manual. Wouldn't mind owning a '19.

I have a 2016 650 Executive in matte black in like-new condition. Even the rims are spotless. It has a GIVI windscreen, GIVI top case that fits my XL Schuberth helmet and a Best backrest (also have OEM buttrest and Executive backrest for passenger seat). Everything works perfectly, heated grips and seat, electronic screen, fold-in mirrors. Matte black is nice because the bike never seems to get dirty (or look it).

I'm about to hit 9,000 miles and it's been superbly maintained. Just changed the three oils this week -- engine, transmission and final drive. That's been done every 3,500 miles. I use Motul 7100 10W40, a great quality oil and it's red, so it looks cool through the oil-check porthole, like the Terminator. I have new tires in the garage about to go on, Shinko SR 567 and 568. I will put in new Denso Iridium plugs when I do the front tire. Coolant and brake fluid were changed last summer. Windscreen has never seen cleaning products, just hot water and microfiber, so no swirl marks. Air and CVT filters were changed last week. Stopper bolt checked last week and it's unmarked, good as new.

If you're looking for a nearly new Burgman, I obviously can't help you, although I could add some cash. I'd also have to ship it to South Florida since Mikey doesn't travel where the temps are below 50 (grew up in upstate New York and I'm SO done with cold weather ;o).

Looks like you have a beautiful bike. I know how you feel about BMW vs. Burgman. For awhile I had a '17 BMW C 650 GT and a Burgman 650 in my garage. Each morning I had my choice, and I ended up choosing the Burgman way more often. I just love that big smooth ride and the incredible transmission for everyday riding.

On the other hand, the BMW is a great growly, alpha, BMW-motorcycle type ride, and I miss that. It would be fun to have that again. I don't want to maintain two bikes any more, so if I get a BMW scooter I figure I'll enjoy it for awhile and end up back on a Burgman.

Anyway, pic attached. Just took it.

·
Administrator
21,814 Posts
Sounds like a 420 mile meet up in Adel Georgia.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Interesting ....

I've owned '16 and '17 BMW C 650 GT's and enjoyed them. Still own a GIVI screen and the Service Manual. Wouldn't mind owning a '19.

I have a 2016 650 Executive in matte black in like-new condition. Even the rims are spotless. It has a GIVI windscreen, GIVI top case that fits my XL Schuberth helmet and a Best backrest (also have OEM buttrest and Executive backrest for passenger seat). Everything works perfectly, heated grips and seat, electronic screen, fold-in mirrors. Matte black is nice because the bike never seems to get dirty (or look it).

I'm about to hit 9,000 miles and it's been superbly maintained. Just changed the three oils this week -- engine, transmission and final drive. That's been done every 3,500 miles. I use Motul 7100 10W40, a great quality oil and it's red, so it looks cool through the oil-check porthole, like the Terminator. I have new tires in the garage about to go on, Shinko SR 567 and 568. I will put in new Denso Iridium plugs when I do the front tire. Coolant and brake fluid were changed last summer. Windscreen has never seen cleaning products, just hot water and microfiber, so no swirl marks. Air and CVT filters were changed last week. Stopper bolt checked last week and it's unmarked, good as new.

If you're looking for a nearly new Burgman, I obviously can't help you, although I could add some cash. I'd also have to ship it to South Florida since Mikey doesn't travel where the temps are below 50 (grew up in upstate New York and I'm SO done with cold weather ;o).

Looks like you have a beautiful bike. I know how you feel about BMW vs. Burgman. For awhile I had a '17 BMW C 650 GT and a Burgman 650 in my garage. Each morning I had my choice, and I ended up choosing the Burgman way more often. I just love that big smooth ride and the incredible transmission for everyday riding.

On the other hand, the BMW is a great growly, alpha, BMW-motorcycle type ride, and I miss that. It would be fun to have that again. I don't want to maintain two bikes any more, so if I get a BMW scooter I figure I'll enjoy it for awhile and end up back on a Burgman.

View attachment 92442
Well, I'll be. Let's talk. PM sent.

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
22 Posts
Interesting ....

View attachment 92442
Did you find the Givi windshield to be a big improvement?
Roger

·
Registered
327 Posts
"Did you find the Givi windshield to be a big improvement?"

Not sure which bike you're asking about, the Burgman or the BMW. But in both cases, yes, it is a HUGE improvement.

I bought the BMW in Jacksonville last year and rode 300 miles home on US-1 with the OEM screen. My head/helmet felt battered by the wind every mile (I'm just over 6' tall for reference). Same with the Burgman. I bought my current 650 on the other side of Florida and rode 200 miles home with the same buffeting and battering.

In each case, with the GIVI screen installed, the buffeting disappears completely. The ride is quieter. I can actually listen to the engine instead of a constant, dull roar. I love that both bikes have adjustable screens, so I can lower it for fresh air or raise it all the way up and not feel a wisp of wind.

I make a fair number of short runs -- 2 miles to Walmart on 35 mph back roads -- where I don't wear a helmet (somewhere, an avid ATGATT disciple just gasped and clutched his heart ;o). So one of my windscreen tests is being able to ride wearing a ball cap without the cap blowing off. Florida priorities!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Local Suzuki dealer here won't take the Bring More Wallet scooters in trade for anything - neither will the BMW dealer. Hmmm.... tells me something, no?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not true in my area. In fact, I talked with a dealer in Texas just yesterday. They offered low book, but actually wanted the BMW.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts