Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to trade my 1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100 sidecar rig for a Burgman. 400 or 650 (I've had the 400 and liked it...) and I'd trade even or with cash on your end if you want to trade up. My hack is realistically valued at $4500. She's no garage queen and could use some elbow grease to clean her up, but she runs like a top, has new front tire, fresh oil and filter, guide plug replaced, newly upholstered sidecar seat. Her patina of age just gives her a more retro look, but she is bulletproof.

Thanks for looking.

Steve in Bel Air, Md. 443-six five five- 3959

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looking to trade my 1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100 sidecar rig for a Burgman. 400 or 650 (I've had the 400 and liked it...) and I'd trade even or with cash on your end if you want to trade up. My hack is realistically valued at $4500. She's no garage queen and could use some elbow grease to clean her up, but she runs like a top, has new front tire, fresh oil and filter, guide plug replaced, newly upholstered sidecar seat. Her patina of age just gives her a more retro look, but she is bulletproof.

Thanks for looking.

Steve in Bel Air, Md. 443-six five five- 3959
Steve, if I had sold my 07 V-Strom 650 I would have bought your rig outright but it seems as if no one has cash to buy motorcycles. I have even had people ask me if I could finance them. It seems as if I am suffering from TMMS (too many motorcycles syndrome).

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That's a really good deal if all the hardware was properly done . I think some pics of the hardware would help ? Also how many miles on the bike and set up .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sidecar

The sidecar and bike were purchased new by the man I bought them from. He worked for California Sidecar and had them put the rig together from the git go.

She is a bit like me, though. From 15 feet she's looks pretty good, but up close she shows her age.... The PO kept her uncovered outside for a bit and there is surface corrosion and some faded paint. I keep her outside under covers, and have put a little energy into cleaning her up every once in a while, but not often enough. But she's coming around. Nothing there that can't be cured with time and energy.

Her only mechanical issue is a ding in the lip of the sidecar wheel, but I've put about 1500 miles on her with it with no problem and tend to forget about it.

I'll have to snap some more pictures this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts