Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to trade my 2012 GW for a 650 Exec +$$$. Any year Exec except 2009, I do not like the dash color. My GW has 6,800 miles on it but I still ride it so they will increase, surround sound stereo with USB connection, heat grips and seat, cruise, reverse. I will trade it with or without the MBL sport kit.

Email or PM me, if you are interested. Please no ridiculous offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I considered a Wing before buying my Burgman 650 Exec. Found that at almost 63 with many medical problems the Wing was just to big and heavy. The Burgman is something I can handle still. Loving it. I do hope you find someone who is looking for a Wing. They are really good bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug, I had an interesting experience regarding the handling/moving around of my GW and a 650 today. I have a friend's 07 standard 650 in my garage and I had to move it. To my surprise, the GW was easier to move around and felt like it was lighter and less likely to fall over feeling than the 650.

I should point out, my GW with the MBL sport kit is easier to maneuver (moving it around) than the standard GW. The kit removes the heavy trunk and passenger back rest lowering the center of gravity of the bike. It makes the bike handle better in general and particularly at low speeds.

And a final point for those who have on ridden a 2012-2013 GL1800 model GW, they are a very well balanced bike and handle like a much lighter bike on the road.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Roy,

Interesting to see that you have been riding a GW.

I just purchased a 2013 Burgman 400 spanking new. Have not picked it up yet.

Are you Interested in trading your GW for the Burgman?

BTW, I have a 2012 GW red with everything except air bag.

Jack Haughn

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have to pass on the trike idea. I really like the 2012 GW, it is just a lot of money for me.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put a modified stock seat on my GW. The new seat looks better on the GW with the sport kit and it much more comfortable.

[attachment=0:1bl6c9s9]56 - Copy 2.JPG[/attachment:1bl6c9s9]

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've really been looking for a recent Model Burgman650 Exec myself, but no luck so far finding one. Your ad caught my attention.
Would you consider trading the GW for a 2011 Spyder RT SM5 AC. My Spyder only has a little over 2000 miles on it and is in like new condition.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offer, but I am not interested in a Spyder. When the touring models can out,I seriously considered a Spyder, but decided to not get one.

As you know, there are some execs out there for sale, but I have not found one at what I consider a good price yet. Another problem for me in finding a exec is I really like my GW with the sport kit. It is so much fun to ride and rides so good it is hard to let it go.

Good luck on your search for an exec. Have you considered a new 2012 or 2011? There are still some in the dealers, but you may have to travel to get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts