Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose you could call this a road story, since I had to ride 80 miles to the track early this past Sunday morning. The weather was cold and cloudy, but thankfully, not raining. Upon arriving I saw the same assortment of sport bikes being off-loaded from trailers as I did last year. At least this time I knew what to expect, so I wasn't quite so terror-stricken! After the 9 o'clock briefing we were divided into 3 groups, the first -timers, the "mellow" group and the "rowdy" or advanced group.Since there was no "scooter" group, I wisely opted to join the mellow guys. I had a great time last year doing the basic class where we had to ride the track using only third gear and no brakes, but this time, where those rules no longer applied, I had an absolute BLAST! Each group took turns of 20 minutes on the track which was 1.1 miles long with 19 corners! I've always been impressed with how the Burgman handles the twisty stuff, but until now was not sure how it compared to "real" sportbikes. Well, I was pleasantly surprised to see that while the bikes had a considerable edge driving out of the corners and pulling away from me, I was able to keep pace with some of them around the corners. With the track comprising mainly of corners, it took them quite a while to pull away.
I kept the Burgman in the power mode the whole time and can certainly vouch for its dependability. The throttle was whacked open then snapped shut continuously the whole time we were on the track without a glitch. The brakes worked really hard too, without any fading. I came away pretty impressed , my only complaints being that it took a bit of effort to heft it around a couple of very tight S turns and shifting my body around felt awkward compared to a regular motorcycle. The best part was that I was actually complimented by a couple of the racing guys! It was so much fun and for only $75! Gotta go back again. I have some photos which I'll attempt to load on the photo page. If you get a chance to do a track day, go for it, you'll love it!

Bob

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
:headbang: Ya way to go Bob. I'm jealous. I wish I could have heard the comments before and after you hit the track. Can't wait to see those pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts