Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought a separate thread might be helpful in future searches tell us about your tpms and tpms experiences here

I have a onewell tpms, the unit stays in my glove box, sun kills things around here in a hurry and makes screens hard to see, also thunderstorms have filled my pockets with water while riding down the road killing my phone, so having the unit in the glove box fits me best, easy install, like putting on a valve stem cap, and since the 650 has metal stems , not worried about rotation stress , I get on bike, ride from garage to road, check tire pressure , close lid and am done till I stop again, it takes a few tire rotations to get a new reading, it monitors for slow leaks and gives a warning, after 2 nails, I'm confidentthe slow leak part works well, (fast leaks are self evident) no need to monitor tire pressure at 70 mph every 3 seconds so mounting is not a thing.

rechargeable monitor and easy change batteries in valve units , the batteries last long enough I forgot when I changed them, and did it then just because I wanted to know how, monitor has charging cable that can plug in to cig lighter (and some cell phone chargers ) and will last 4 or 5 hours continuous usage at least, I did a 1 1/2 hour trip that took 3 hours (thanks google directions ) without prior charge and it lasted both there and the 11/2 hours back it was about 45 dollars shipped by amazon.

i've seen tire pressures at 51 psi , there is an overpressure warning also and monitor has to be set, as with all electronics, some foul language was involved,:thin: but even my ignant self finally got it done (and throwing it into the field a couple times didn't seem to damage it)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got mine and am stymied by the setting directions. Over and under pressure as well as temperatures. HTH do I know what the maximum temperature of the tire should be. Do us a favor mikeyMarine and share your settings. Thanks.

Robert Carr
Stem NC

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have fudged a bit on the temp and just set it at the highest range not knowing what the high should be, I can tell you this, my rear tire and brake are warmer than the front, and in my moderate driving I have seen my tire (rear) temp higher than my disc! Tire was 103f disc was 97f ambient was 89f, refreshing beverage was 41f swmbo's dawg was 99f (i have a new toy:grin )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts