Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
You can rent a UHaul trailer designed to haul motorcycles.
It has an extended V front panel for the front wheel.
In 2005, I bought a 5 X 8 trailer at Lowes Home Center...
the kind they sell to haul a riding lawn mower on.
I added a plywood floor over the 'expanded' metal floor.
This trailer has served me well in the years since, to
haul my '05-400....and some other things from time to time.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The U-Haul MC trailer is $15/day and weighs only about 800lbs. Honestly, it would be my choice.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I use a golf cart trailer - it has a tilt bed and is very light. I simply ride it up the tilted bed and it levels out (with a bit of a bang) and viola. I have a wheel chock I have to install - helps keep the wheel straight. When I can get the tires into a bit of a depression it helps so that the bed is not at an exaggerated angle. I think the bed is only 15" off the ground to begin with. I had my Harley on it several times. Seems like the Burgman is a bit less prone to needing visits to the 'clinic'. I like that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the Kendon brand trailer. They look good, tow well and fold up so they hardly take up any space when stored. Look for a used one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
burgman6301, if you are wanting to keep a trailer and not just rent one, then check out Harbor Freight off Central Ave and 45th in Columbia Hts. I bought the folding trailer which has hauled many half ton loads when I was doing my patio (which came out looking great by the way) and with the addition of a motorcycle chock and a ramp, it has made a couple of trips hauling a bike.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The U-Haul MC trailer is $15/day and weighs only about 800lbs. Honestly, it would be my choice.
The U-Haul MC trailer is $15/24 hours for local rentals only. Means you have to return to original rental location. At present time a one way rental from MSP to PHX will cost $350.00

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
The U-Haul MC trailer is $15/24 hours for local rentals only. Means you have to return to original rental location. At present time a one way rental from MSP to PHX will cost $350.00
I think I'd be looking for a good used
8 or 10 foot flatbed trailer, considering
the UHaul rate.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think I'd be looking for a good used
8 or 10 foot flatbed trailer, considering
the UHaul rate.
It worked well for me.
When I wanted to trailer my motorcycles and U-Haul would not rent me a Motorcycle trailer, because I owned a Ford Explorer Sport Trac and it was against U-Haul policy. I bought a used Harbor Freight 4x8 1127lb. Wt. Cap. Folding trailer off Craigslist for $175. I replaced the tires, checked and greased the bearings, I also bought a used locking front wheel chock off CL that I mounted on the trailer. Never bought any ramps, because the Harbor Freight folding trailer has a tilting bed, first time riding my VStar on it was kind of tense.
Whole lot better after painting the deck with Rhino type non-slip paint.
Also backing the trailer into the slope of my driveway, resulted in less angle on the bed of the trailer to ride up onto.
After more than two years of using that trailer, I sold it on craigslist for more than my total investment including Lic. Plates, tires, paint and wheel chock (which I sold separately.)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bought a 5'x8' from Tractor Supply for about $500 and it has expanded mettal for floor. Put a piece of ply down that covered 3 cross angles. Layed the ramp inside due to the wind resistents. And it does have a lot! Carried a 650 Burg and a Honda Helix home from Fl to DE. No Problem! Best investment I made

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Layed the ramp inside due to the wind resistents. And it does have a lot!
Had a welder/friend cut the ramp on my 5 X 8
in half & add some hinges, so now it only sticks
up half as much. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts