Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
myself and my brother and wives are considering a bike touring holiday in the states, we have looked at the usual Harley tours etc but I quite fancy doing the trip on a 650 burgman.Has anyone got any info on companies that rent out Burgmans (Or possibly goldwings).
Also any info on routes, states to visit etc would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Ron Gibson
Cambridgeshire UK

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Can't find a good source for rental Burgmans...
for Goldwing rentals, check
www.RoadFlyer.com

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You're not going to find anyplace renting Burgmans. Goldwings probably, but not big scooters.

Given the costs though, you're likely to be better off BUYING used Burgmans, riding them, and then selling them. This will likely require you to trust someone here to sell them for you and then send you the money, as they are unlikely to sell in a super fast time frame.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Find someone who wants to tour England and swap scooters for two weeks. If you had two of them, that would be us.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Calgary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far folks,plans still flexible at the moment, Utah has been recommended as the place to go, but options still open as is the choice of ride.

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi folks,
myself and my brother and wives are considering a bike touring holiday in the states, we have looked at the usual Harley tours etc but I quite fancy doing the trip on a 650 burgman.Has anyone got any info on companies that rent out Burgmans (Or possibly goldwings).
Also any info on routes, states to visit etc would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Ron Gibson
Cambridgeshire UK
Gotta go to Colorado...lots of great rides to take. Stay off the Interstates, as there are too many wonderful sites to see, otherwise. Minutes from Grand Junction are the Colorado National Monument and the Grand Mesa, a nice ride to Gateway, Colorado which has a good automotive museum and available activities, etc. If you come to this area, we'll have to get together. Also, We have one spare bedroom as well as a beautiful 5 acres you can camp in (I could even supply gear for that, if you're not carrying camping gear). There's just too many great rides in the state to mention.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Colorado - glorious. Utah - stunning. But pound-for-pound, NOTHING beats California - Sierra Nevada mountain passes & foothills, Yosemite, Sequoia, coastal redwood forests, Pacific coast Hwy 1-Big Sur, Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino wine country, crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, Death Valley. All accessible without the need for much Interstate highway riding!

Lots of good books and websites on moto-touring in the US. Do your research! Feel free to PM me for specific routes.

Goldwings, Harleys and sport tourers are easy to rent in California - take a look at Eagleriders.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Try eaglerider.com they have many renters, all ovef the country anf all sorts of different bikes, including gw trikes

Although I don't think I saw burgmans

·
Registered
115 Posts
The problem with touring the west is that you could spend several weeks just touring Ca. another choice is There is also MotoQuest http://www.motoquest.com at one time they had a BMW scooter for rent at the Long Beach location. They have guided and non guided tours. If you come to So. Ca. let me know & I will show you around.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'd recommend Kentucky/North Carolina/Arkansas mountains. Lots of nature to see, lots of twisty roads to ride!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'll dredge it up again. I've always wanted to ride the South West, but from Boston we'd waist all our time getting there and back. We considered all the usual options, shipping the bikes, trailering the bikes etc. each option comes with it's own set of harsh problems. It seems you can go just about anywhere and rent a V-Twin and in some resort towns maybe a 50cc moped but I've never seen large displacement scooters offered for rental anywhere, so I was happy to see this http://www.rockymountainscootouring.com with an option for "self guided tours": ) I have no idea of the cost but I'm glad that a viable option exists!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'll dredge it up again. I've always wanted to ride the South West, but from Boston we'd waist all our time getting there and back. We considered all the usual options, shipping the bikes, trailering the bikes etc. each option comes with it's own set of harsh problems. It seems you can go just about anywhere and rent a V-Twin and in some resort towns maybe a 50cc moped but I've never seen large displacement scooters offered for rental anywhere, so I was happy to see this http://www.rockymountainscootouring.com with an option for "self guided tours": ) I have no idea of the cost but I'm glad that a viable option exists!
This company is owned/operated by a couple of the guys I have toured with over the past three summers. They put together a good trip, paying careful attention to the details. The routes will vary for needs, desires and seasons. Some of the spring and fall runs may utilize my 5 acre property as an overnight stopping place or even, a base of operations. It is too bad they were not around for the OP. In any case, I highly recommend them!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts