Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a very touchy subject but I thought I would raise it because it is important to us all.

The infamous events of 9/11 shocked us all and changed the world as we knew it - at least for the forseeable future.

I stumbled across this website and wanted to share it with you.

I find it difficult to translate into words my incredulity at the basic underlying proposition here - that there is some sort of dark cover up! :shock: Who are these people who expend such effort in pursuing these goals, or is it just some sort of 'quasi intellectual masturbation'?

I know it takes all sorts to make a world but PERLEEEEESE!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mornin' Norm.

This is nothing new. The fruitcakes have been all over this since day one. Sadly, conspiracy theory is a profitable cottage industry in this country. Many people evidently struggle with the concept that individuals or relatively small, independent groups can wreak havoc on the lives of good, innocent people.

I believe it stems from the desire to impose some kind of understanding on the world, that is, to make sense of reality. Conspiracy theories do that in an extrordinarily economical way, by saying that all the evil in the world is attributable to a single source. Another reason may be the hieghtened level of anxiety we live in these days. To the extent that we fear some kind of world-destroying catastrophe, we are trying to give some expression and understanding to that fear through apocalyptic belief systems.

Of course that is just my own flawed speculation, wich could be just a load of horse shite. It does seem to all make sense when you consider The New World Order, The Bavarian Illuminati, The Skull and Bones Society, black helicopters, and the Pointer Sisters.

Peace.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Norman, Q.I.M., you may be onto something. Maybe a
solution will be at hand.

Bleeder, you had some good conspiricy theories, better
add: "every vote counts."

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike said:
Norman, Q.I.M., you may be onto something. Maybe a
solution will be at hand.

Very good Mike, very funny, just a tadge too risque for me - that's Ted's department!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mike said:
:D
Yes, it does rather appear that on the one hand you have "The Vote", and on the other "The Count", doesn't it? :lol:

Peace.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bleeder said:
Sadly, conspiracy theory is a profitable cottage industry in this country....I believe it stems from the desire to impose some kind of understanding on the world, that is, to make sense of reality.
Well put. Another facet is powerlessness--a huge downer, especially when imagination-on-steroids offers immediate relief (as Steve Martin yells at the phone directory, "I am somebody!") Bottom line, Norm, you're right about the m word.

"Good Mister Bates, my master, etc." (Gulliver)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mike said:
:D
Yes, it does rather appear that on the one hand you have "The Vote", and on the other "The Count", doesn't it? :lol:
Peace.
It's not just the "vote" or the "count" it's also "who votes". I remember the story of the young boy sitting on the curb crying & when he was asked why he was crying he replied "My daddy came back from the dead to vote for Lyndon Johnson & didn't even stop by to see me." In some places the dead even vote in alphabetical order. There is also a big effort in some places to get illegal aliens to register to vote.

·
Registered
428 Posts
LOL!!!
I admit I find a certain humor in that sort of thing. In the recent race, some counties had a phenomenal voter turn out - over 100% of the living registered population in some cases. :lol: :lol:

Peace.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If that was the case perhaps President Bush would have had the foresight to donate more than the US$15m that he pledged in aid to the 150,000 tsunami victims at his first round, when the British Government had pledged US$100m, and Japan soon pledged US$500m. :?

A funny bunch these conspiracy theorists. There is a lot of appealing to 'common sense' beliefs, gaps in common knowledge, and misinformation there, but sometimes they are right - many thought that women that went missing in Japan in the 70s were abuducted by North Korean secret agents for some 'dark plot'. They were... North Korea began a process of returning them to Japan a few years ago. :(

They had a field day with the Diana tragedy. I remember hearing about the Benz S600 that she was being driven in being technologically superior to the scooter and motorcycles that the paparatzy were riding due to it's 400hp 6litre V12 engine. This would out-accelerate any scooter currently on sale and would be hard to be caught by a motorcycle with pillion holding a camera, therefore inconclusively proving that there was no jostling in the tunnel as no paparatzy could have stayed with the car once the driver put his foot down. A pity then that she was being driven in an S320 - the 190hp 3.2litre straight six struggling to propell the 2 ton plus mass of the car, making it easily pursuable buy 125/250 scoots and motorcycles with pillions holding cameras...

The trip-ups are in the detail.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Norm,

It's all true! I'm a section captain of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Thanx,
Russ

P.S. Bush pushed Humpty Dumpty, don't tell anyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts