Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On October 21st mike and I were in Henderson, KY coming off the pkwy. Not sure what happened, but I rear ended Mike. I totaled my Burgman and myself. I have 2 breaks in my left pelvis, 3 broke ribs, one went through my lung, and a separated broken collar bone. I was life flighted to Evansville, IN. I finally was transferred to Vanderbilt Sta?lworth Rehab hospital on October 31st. I stayed there till November 16th. I am now mending at home. Mike has 8 broken ribs in his back and his left collar bone. His GW can be repaired. I am not even sure at this point if I ever want on another bike.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I saw your FB post.. wow that sounds very bad.. but sounds as though you are healing so that's good at least..

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Sorry to hear that Faye. Your injuries sound almost identical to what I had when I crashed my 05 in Arkansas so I can really sympathize with you and know exactly what you are going through. Hang in there, it gets better sooner than you think it will.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Faye,

I am very sorry to hear that. My guess is you were headed down the Pennyrile going back home. I had hoped to meet you one of these times when I go to Nashville, but that may hot happen.

I am glad you are doing better now.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Faye, sorry to hear of your accident. Glad you and Mike are healing. Bikes can be replaced and repaired much easier than people can heal. Given some time, you may want another Burgman. Hopefully you have had some help meals and other domestic stuff.

·
Administrator
18,394 Posts
I feel for you two. It happens so fast. About a year from now you may remember it. When I crashed on Dec 7th 2010 I could not remember everything. I remember the truck pulling out and me trying to miss it, going down backwards and watching the bike spin away from me. A year later I remembered I lowsided while left cornering, then highsided into the trucks fender, Bike hit truck then I hit the truck then the bike came up and smacked me from behind. Every ribs cartlige where it meets the back bones was sprained and three broken ribs. But on Dec 24th I bought a new to me 2008 Burgman 650. Couldent ride till late Feb 2011.

Take the pain meds when needed and let time heal you both.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Faye, I am so sorry to hear of your accident. It could have been a lot worse. You could have been killed. Hoping you are mending ok and the pain is lessening. Over time the urge to get back on the scooter will come back and you may decide to act upon it. But take your time and heal well. Hugs, soft ones Sally

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Wow...I'm sorry to hear of your accident. You took quite a beating it appears. And Mike took some damage too. At least you'll heal. The Burgman won't, but it can be replaced.

Thank you for letting us know. I'll pray for you and Mike.

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ahhh Faye,

I'm so sorry this happened to you and yours. This is what we all fear most.

I can only imagine how you and Mike are hurting. I truly pray that you mend fast.

Can't blame you one bit for considering not to ride again, but hope you will.

I send hugs and prayers.

Tracy

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
both of mine together weren't as bad as yours, and I am just this week getting over the last surgery, so I can identify a little with the misery you have been in, for the physical part anyway, then the doubt, and all the questions, but when I ride around in a cage and see a bike , my sore head swivels to see if maybe it is a scooter, take your time and your heart will tell you if you want another bike.
I am so sorry this happened to you and Chiefmas, and the paperwork yet to come will probably weigh more than both bikes and be more of a pain than the wreck, heal quickly and well.

Tell the old jarhead he is excused from farting loudly until the ribs heal but is expected to resume full duties soon thereafter

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
fuzzyquilter said:
On October 21st mike and I were in Henderson, KY coming off the pkwy. Not sure what happened, but I rear ended Mike. I totaled my Burgman and myself. I have 2 breaks in my left pelvis, 3 broke ribs, one went through my lung, and a separated broken collar bone. I was life flighted to Evansville, IN. I finally was transferred to Vanderbilt Sta?lworth Rehab hospital on October 31st. I stayed there till November 16th. I am now mending at home. Mike has 8 broken ribs in his back and his left collar bone. His GW can be repaired. I am not even sure at this point if I ever want on another bike.
Very best regards to you both...and keep healing! Tomorrows another day and as has been said, everything gets better from now on. :thumbup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bless your heart, neighbor. I can't add much to the advice you've already been given; just give the healing process time. Don't come to any final conclusions yet. While the corpus recovers you'll doubtless go over and over in your mind, "what happened?" Ultimately you'll come to the decision that's best for you about riding again, and it may take a long time. You and Mike wil be in our prayers in the meantime. Lots of us have been in similar situations, so we have some empathy for what you're going through. God bless!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Very sorry to hear of this. I hope you're recoveries are swift, and trouble free.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Positive karma sent to both of you....hoping for a speedy recovery.

late,
Coz

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Oh Faye, I am so sorry to learn of your accident. I hope you both heal well and heal fast.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts