Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 09 and bought a new leftover 11 so I could have an exec. model.
Just breaking it in and a US Postal truck ran a stop sign and T-boned me and the scooter. I never saw him as he was behind a bunch of trees.
With only 311 mile on the beautiful silver Burgman, totaled by Geico.

As for me, I am not totaled but did get a broken pelvis in 5 places, ankle broken 2 places, foot broken 4 places, separated shoulder, minor concussion and a lot of road rash. Just a block from the house, in shorts, Tshirt and no helmet.
Still in a cast and it has been 75 days. Slow healing when you have a 62 year old body. Glad to still be here though. Wife says no more 2 wheels( been riding for 50 years ). It will be hard.
:(

·
Registered
61 Posts
So sorry for your accident, hope you have a good recovery. I have seen mail carriers drive like they are the only ones on the road and the rules don't apply to them. take care of yourself and stay in touch with the forum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hard to keep a good Burgman rider down, I predict a Trike in your future, God Speed on your recovery! I seem to attract mail carriers as well, along with Deer and School Buses. I once had a cager have his spare tire drop out of his rusted out trunk bottom on me, went over the tire, it was all I could do to keep control of the bike with my wife riding with me, scared me to do death.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Glad to hear your recovering. Maybe she would let you get a small scoot for the small errands..

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
glad you made it, get well soon.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Glad you made it and you're healing , you are a lucky man to make it out (no helmet) without brain damage . Now , do you have a good lawyer ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You are a lucky, unlucky man. Keep on healing!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well a crash helmet would not have prevented a broken pelvis.
Glad to hear you survived.
Hope you heal fast and well.
I hope you are suing their arse off.

·
Registered
203 Posts
:p:DGod Bless. My last wreck my wife said no more. After being home all the time (I am retired) she said go, and I now have a 2012 650 burg.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Had a similar event two years ago when a woman on a cell phone ran a stop sign. Bike was totaled and I had only a broken leg. I certainly sympathize and hope you heal quickly.

Get a good, aggressive lawyer. The government may not cover the driver due to his traffic violation if, hopefully, he was cited by the police.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident & injuries, I was also just t-boned by someone coming out of a side street but I was only hit by a small car and so have less injuries. Please heal quick and like others said, eventually the wife will probably get tired of having you underfoot and you can get a trike since it technically does not have 2 wheels.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
:p:DGod Bless. My last wreck my wife said no more. After being home all the time (I am retired) she said go, and I now have a 2012 650 burg.:confused:
There's nothing to disrupt a happy marriage like being together all the time for more than a week's holidays.:D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
There's nothing to disrupt a happy marriage like being together all the time for more than a week's holidays.:D
I am discovering this myself. I have been retired a good while. My wife retired this past January. She now thinks we have to do everything together. It is starting to drive me a little batty.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hear you on that......

Both retired also and everyday it's "do you want to do something together today?"

Me: "Define "something."

Her: "Why do I always have to come up with ideas?"

Me: "Well, you were the one to bring it up in the first place......."

Then she storms off.............

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. What has become of your bike?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I hear you on that......

Both retired also and everyday it's "do you want to do something together today?"

Me: "Define "something."

Her: "Why do I always have to come up with ideas?"

Me: "Well, you were the one to bring it up in the first place......."

Then she storms off.............
I divorced my #2 in 82 , that's 31 years for the math challenged :D . After 2 marriages I never EVER EVER again contemplated another . After my first marriage I thought it was just a case of marrying the wrong woman , after the second one went bad I realized it was me . They weren't the wrong women for me , I was the WRONG GUY for marriage . :confused1:

TheReaper!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts